Player Discussion Tom Wilson, NHL All-Star (Part 3)

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
I’m having an entertaining time with some joker who is making a point, specific to the Crosby/konecny deal, that it was ok because Crosby has a neck issue and konecny was hanging on his neck.

They are saying Wilson has a head issue, and Panarin was hanging on his head so...

so Willys body count goes now outside the ice too. Maybe he can crash the whole NHL if this hyperbole continues lol.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
I listened to Sean Avery’s podcast today and he literally said “did used to try and break legs and wrists? Yeah but there’s a line you can’t cross and Panarin’s helmet was off”

The retcon by some former enforcers to the “when I did the awful things it was okay” that I’ve seen by some guys this week has been amazing

Yeah, my favourite is John Scott crying about star protection. The same guy who proudly talks about the time when he literally attacked Phil Kessell from the puck drop just because he happened to be the closest guy around and Scott was thirsty for blood.

Likes of Matt Cooke and Sean Avery and Laraque being very loud here.

I find it highly interesting. The physocological side of this all. The social hyperbole hate and cancel culture in general, not just this case and Wilson.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yeah, my favourite is John Scott crying about star protection. The same guy who proudly talks about the time when he literally attacked Phil Kessell from the puck drop just because he happened to be the closest guy around and Scott was thirsty for blood.

I find it highly interesting. The physocological side of this all. The social hyperbole hate in general, not just this case and Wilson.

In the age of social media, everyone just wants to stay relevant and get clicks/likes. They're no different, slowly dying now that they're out of the spotlight, desperately clinging.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
In the age of social media, everyone just wants to stay relevant and get clicks/likes. They're no different, slowly dying now that they're out of the spotlight, desperately clinging.

Yea i get the need of acceptance and being part of the mob and in the middle of it. But the double standardism and going full rage is the fascinating part. Even very smart and calm people completely lose it. Like the main boards, theres a good study ground for someone in the university for social behaviourism and mob mentality :)

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yea i get the need of acceptance and being part of the mob and in the middle of it. But the double standardism and going full rage is the fascinating part. Even very smart and calm people completely lose it. Like the main boards, theres a good study ground for someone in the university for social behaviourism and mob mentality :)

They're all just looking for a capital building to storm right now :D

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wilson needs his own theme song now. My choice:

Well there's a few more things you need to know about me,
I trained trigger single-handedly.
I invented see-through negligees,
And I bought the flying saucer off the Presley estate.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Perfect set up for tonight.

"We can file a complaint on your for violence on him."
"(Shield #) you can get it in the mirror off your forehead"

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
We’re in 2021, 8 years into his career, people are still perpetuating the “he wouldn’t pull that on my team” myth.

When will these idiots learn that Wilson is a mutant freak. He can try this on any team he wants because he’s so fast and strong, there is not anti-venom to Tom Wilson, it’s why he’s a desired product and guys like Russ Johnston are AHL lifers. Wilson doesn’t need to worry about your favorite goon because he’s only getting caught if he wants to and we win if you put your goon on the ice for 15 minutes a night.

We can’t be beat here, but by all means please fantasize about your plug taking up first line minutes to chase Wilson

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just saw 2 man advantage. Both Walton and Vogel getting choked up talking about CoachOsh. Its worth watching

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

I find it highly interesting. The physocological side of this all. The social hyperbole hate and cancel culture in general, not just this case and Wilson.
CTE is devastating on the logical centers of the brain.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
I’ll start by saying I wasn’t a fan of what Wilson did but think there was a huge overreaction to it.

With that said, I think it’s pretty funny to see fans of other teams (especially Penguins and Bruins) call Wilson a coward. This is a player who has always answered the bell with a fight and has fought pretty much every tough guy in the league. He is also the first guy in to defend a teammate and that is why it’s different then the true cowards like Marchand, Cooke, etc., who are dirty, refuse to answer the bell and don’t stick up for teammates. The Caps players know Wilson has there back every night and were happy to step up last night for him.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
He is also the first guy in to defend a teammate and that is why it’s different then the true cowards like Marchand, Cooke, etc., who are dirty, refuse to answer the bell and don’t stick up for teammates. The Caps players know Wilson has there back every night and were happy to step up last night for him.

I feel like last night I kept seeing this clip in my mind....

Reactions: crab

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Haven't seen this posted here yet but wow:

Report: George Parros Didn't Want To Suspend Tom Wilson For Brandon Carlo Hit

“Parros, we’ve heard, didn’t even want to suspend Wilson for the brain-damaging assault on Boston’s Brandon Carlo, who suffered mood changes and blurry vision from his concussion after being hospitalized by Wilson in March,” The Athletic’s Rick Carpiniello reported.

According to Carpiniello, it was NHL commissioner Gary Bettman who overruled Parros on the decision to suspend Wilson.

“Bettman didn’t like the optics and ordered a suspension. So Wilson got seven games,” Carpiniello wrote. “Before that, he wasn’t even considered a repeat offender, because the CBA erases priors after a certain period of time transpires.”

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Haven't seen this posted here yet but wow:

Report: George Parros Didn't Want To Suspend Tom Wilson For Brandon Carlo Hit

“Parros, we’ve heard, didn’t even want to suspend Wilson for the brain-damaging assault on Boston’s Brandon Carlo, who suffered mood changes and blurry vision from his concussion after being hospitalized by Wilson in March,” The Athletic’s Rick Carpiniello reported.

According to Carpiniello, it was NHL commissioner Gary Bettman who overruled Parros on the decision to suspend Wilson.

“Bettman didn’t like the optics and ordered a suspension. So Wilson got seven games,” Carpiniello wrote. “Before that, he wasn’t even considered a repeat offender, because the CBA erases priors after a certain period of time transpires.”

Rangers launch a campaign against Parros. The other 30 fan bases hate Wilson. Media will follow them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad