Player Discussion Tom Wilson, NHL All-Star (Part 3)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And now the word is Panarin has a LOWER BODY injury, which means this crap about TW ruining him is bullshit. IMO this is probably when it happened:

upload_2021-5-5_9-32-47.png

Bottom of the pile, slides out awkwardly.

Nothing to do with TW trying to kill him by slamming his face into the ice, or whatever.

Reactions: Neil Racki

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
upload_2021-5-5_9-48-21.png

Wilson's "dangerous and reckless actions caused an injury to Artemi Panarin that will prevent him from playing again this season"

So Wilson is to blame for Panarin being 4th man in, and then his own teammates and the refs piling on top of him as he lost his balance.

NYR should be sued over this.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Love Wilson but IMO he crossed a bit of a line there. You could see he was furious after his penalty which lead to a goal and that's what led to what we saw. I know he reacted to Vitek being hit but still you shouldn't punch a guy while his down. I'm sure he would be first to admit a mistake there. This has blown way off though. Panarin jumping on his back while he's engaged with someone else is also scary and could end badly and that's what people fail to see.

Either way he got a fine, time to move on.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
'He’s going to hurt someone and the league knows it': Hockey experts weigh in on the Tom Wilson incident

Some actual measured thoughts from those in the game. My guess is a fine comes out for NYR but that's it. Typically these are behind the scenes things and not some publicity stunt.
Without doing the actual math here I'm gonna say that 80% of those responses indicate actual hockey pros think Willy maybe went a little too far but was overall not in the wrong. A nice contradiction to the "everyone in the world agrees, except Caps fans" narrative. The comments on the league are spot on, and of course both folks who were asked about whether teams would want him if he were available said, basically, "yes, every team."

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Strained labia?

(Sorry Calicaps)
As you should be...

However, I should point out that this isn't even new info. It was noted the day of the incident and utterly ignored. It's likely a re-injury of the issue that almost kept him out of that game to begin with, which is why the coach said he fine as regards the scrum. The whole story is a fiction created by the anti-Wilson crowd.

Reactions: g00n

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I’m having an entertaining time with some joker who is making a point, specific to the Crosby/konecny deal, that it was ok because Crosby has a neck issue and konecny was hanging on his neck.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He punched a guy on the ice in the shoulder. I wouldn't say that was over the line that much.

Regardless of if it was the shoulder or the back of head, punching a guy who is underneath you facing the ice is cheap.

Mind you, it was equally cheap when Price did that to Palmieri and people praised him for it. I’m not a fan of punching a defenseless player lying down on the ice.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Regardless of if it was the shoulder or the back of head, punching a guy who is underneath you facing the ice is cheap.

Mind you, it was equally cheap when Price did that to Palmieri and people praised him for it. I’m not a fan of punching a defenseless player lying down on the ice.

Sure. And he got fined for it and a 10 minute misconduct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad