Player Discussion Tom Wilson, NHL All-Star (Part 3)

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Those plays aren't even comparable. Konecny is clearly pinning Crosby tie and the two are engaged in a scrum. Buchnevich was a defenseless player laying with his face on the ice and Wilson punches him. Not to mention, he didn't even do anything to agitate Wilson in the way Konecny did to Crosby.
Why do people keep lying out their ass when there is clear video evidence?

The rag clearly pitch forks and tries to kick the puck/goalie before hand. The punch is very clearly in reaction to the kick.

How is Crobsy on the guys back literally pushing, dare I say slamming, his face multiple times into the ice some how not as bad?

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
LOL at calling me an anti-Wilson poster. I was one of the people defending him the most back in 2014-15 when some people here thought he was a bust and would never be anything more than a 4th line plug.

Dude, what I want is for Wilson to play closer to the line. One of these days he’s going to get another 7-20 game suspension for a blindside hit to the head in a playoff game and it will cost us by losing one of our best players at the worst possible time.

I want him to LEARN how to play right on the edge of the line without fully crossing it, especially if the whistle has already blown. He was doing exactly that FYI in the 2018 playoffs, demolishing guys without completely crossing the lines of legal play.

I grew up in Montreal, played hockey at a high level most of my life, I’ve trained with pro ice hockey players from Europe. I know hockey, I played with and against absolute goons that would try to take your head off any chance they had. I know hockey, you don’t need to worry about my understanding of the game.

He punched a guy on the ice in the shoulder. I wouldn't say that was over the line that much.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I can't wait for the NHL's reaction to this statement honestly. Like it's a legit test for Bettman's balls. Is he going to just stay quiet like a bitch or make it clear these stupid statements aint it and next time yalls asses getting f***in fined.

They should get fined. 5k. lol. The awkward part is that NewYork is their best market. I'm more embarrassed for their fan base as clearly the ENTIRE organization lacks testosterone.

What a dumb statement.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
They should get fined. 5k. lol. The awkward part is that NewYork is their best market. I'm more embarrassed for their fan base as clearly the ENTIRE organization lacks testosterone.

What a dumb statement.
Isn’t it 10k for coaches speaking out against the refs?

The Alain Vigneault softness and playing the victim act certainly does seem to stick around teams even after he is gone.

I’m shocked the league seemed to stay with in it’s previously set guard rails with Wilson. People seem to forget Domi going after Ekblad and Ritchie knocking out/dazing Roszival. A completely one sided fight with players being knocked down or knocked out/dazed is what gets a couple games. People are acting like this is when Thorton actually sucker punched Orpik, but in reality this is just barely “above” your average post whistle scrum around the goal.

Last edited:

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Pretty clear he was responding directly to comments from the Rangers.

The optics are terrible - doesn't matter how you sell it. I mean I get it you're a radio guy but the whole world just saw Wilson acting like a gorilla trying to get laid...it's pathetic

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Isn’t it 10k for coaches speaking out against the refs?

The Alain Vigneault softness and playing the victim act certainly does seem to stick around teams even after he is gone.

I’m shocked the league seemed to stay with in it’s previously set guard rails with Wilson. People seem to forget Domi going after Ekblad and Ritchie knocking out/dazing Roszival. A completely one sided fight with players being knocked down or knocked out/dazed is what gets a couple games. People are acting like this is when Thorton actually sucker punched Orpik, but in reality this is just barely “above” your average post whistle scrum around the goal.

I mean that's how I see it as well. And Panarin was the one who went after Wilson as the third man in. It's not like Wilson skated around the ice hunting down Panarin.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
The optics are terrible - doesn't matter how you sell it. I mean I get it you're a radio guy but the whole world just saw Wilson acting like a gorilla trying to get laid...it's pathetic

What would you call Panarin then for jumping on another man's back? Is he trying to get laid as well? lol.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Here's something that may not have been addressed on the main board: what did people WANT Tom Wilson to do when Panarin jumped on him? Walk away? Drop the gloves?

Do they realize that TW actually going at 100% power against Panarin might have turned his brain to mush? LITERAL mush?

IMO he got off light.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32hunter

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I mean that's how I see it as well. And Panarin was the one who went after Wilson as the third man in. It's not like Wilson skated around the ice hunting down Panarin.
That is basically my point to all of this. I’m a visual and facts person. It’s funny when people are acting like Wilson went all Kane and choked slammed someone out of now where, or Wilson acted worse than Thorton when he actually sucker punched Orpik.

Here's something that may not have been addressed on the main board: what did people WANT Tom Wilson to do when Panarin jumped on him? Walk away? Drop the gloves?

Do they realize that TW actually going at 100% power against Panarin might have turned his brain to mush? LITERAL mush?

IMO he got of light.
SSSHHH! Viewing the context of the whole situation is only used when Crosby needs to look like less of a piece of shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drytoast

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
"I'm going to jump on your back now Tom, and wrap my stick around your neck while you are wrestling with someone else. But because I am smaller don't you dare touch me, or I yell KAREN."

- Panarin

Reactions: RockTheRedDC

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
4 of the 6 threads at the top of the mains are about TW

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Same thing on r/hockey as well. You'd think we could lock a few and move on at this point. Everything has been said at this point, just people sniping back at each other now.

Can't wait for the game tonight just so we can get a fresh round of discourse

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Oh my god, someone on the mains just referred to the Rangers as "New York Karens". I'm dyin over here.

Pretty sure that was me, trying to keep that shitshow going. It's hilarious watching people get all riled up. Guess Wilson lives in their collective heads rent-free.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

If this were the 80's this would be barely a roughing incident. But since the league as a whole has grown so incredibly soft...this one ray of sunshine of testosterone displayed in our game will get more attention then Matthews scoring 40 or McDavid getting 100 points. And EVERYONE is going to tune in to tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad