Player Discussion Tom Wilson, NHL All-Star (Part 3)

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
GDl0biG.gif

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
The Caps should get all the Wilsons they can find. My feeling is that they got the one that there is.
6’4” guys who can skate fast, are built like linebackers, are physically built already at age 18 to be in nhl - and have potential skill wise are.... “generational” unfortunately!

... someone should post this on the main boards. “Is Tom Wilson generational”. Would be the best lol

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

I read the whole thing. Can't really put my feelings into words expect to say, ludicrous.

Lot's of cliche' phrases come to mind for Cole & this dummy Frank:

- Don't do the crime if you can't do the time
- Mess with the bull, you get the horns
- If you try to hurt Kuzy, you'll get more than a bruisey

Also, I cracked my orbital over 10 years ago (not fighting), and can still hear the 'crunching' sound it made when it was being cracked. Imagine biting into a carrot or piece of celery. Yeah, that's the sound. Maybe Wilson's nickname should be Crunch? Certainly describes the hits and the punches.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
If the Caps can draft another player even half the level of Wilson, but of the same ilk, every GMs head in the NHL would explode and it would be incredible to watch.

Reactions: kicksavedave

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How is it there are so many crybabies in hockey today?

Thankfully most are in the media and supporting/coaching staff, not on the ice.

But still, wtf

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Incredible how they somehow spinned this so that Wilson still comes up as the bad guy.

Parros should explain why this wasn't suggested after watching Marchand going after Eller about 5 months ago.

Reactions: searle

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Parros should explain why this wasn't suggested after watching Marchand going after Eller about 5 months ago.
It's up to GMs to bring this forward I believe but I also have to think Rutherford is at least partially behind this. It's the same shit he said re: Oleksiak.

I'd hope at least that Parros of all people would be able to understand the difference between getting tuned the f*** up and being sucker-punched or jumped. There's no way in hell a willing participant not being able to get a punch should remotely equate to supplement discipline. Might as well take it out of the game entirely if such absurdities are considered. Sorry old chap, let me let you get a swing in. GTFOH!

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad