Tom Wilson episode against the Rangers #4 (UPD: Fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
That's my other biggest problem with this.

Players or the team now have to do something about it instead of the League being like woah now let's risk more injuries we will do it.

Rangers shouldn't need to dress Goons or have players go after Wilson and Wilson shouldn't be playing.

100% this

League just said let it get settled on the ice.

What if someone takes a huge run at Ovechkin or Backstrom now in return?

Letting this go vigilante style is not a good look for the league

If Wilson is dressed tomorrow I think this game will get out of hand in a hurry

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Wow, I didn’t think he’s get suspended for the rest of the season but I figured he’d at least be done for the rest of the regular season. But only a $5k fine? DoPS proves they are absolutely clueless.

I don’t know if the DoPS response or the amount of Caps fans still defending this guy is more pathetic. I seriously feel bad for the Caps fans who know he’s a classless goon who get a bad rap.

Don't worry. Those seem pretty nonexistent on these boards.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
So has the league talked to the Rangers about tomorrow’s game? “We know we messed up, but you better behave yourselves or else some serious fines will be handed out.”
That game is gonna be must see tv.

Why Rangers did nothing when Wilson returned on the ice? It seems without their toughguy Panarin, they are weak.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
So has the league talked to the Rangers about tomorrow’s game? “We know we messed up, but you better behave yourselves or else some serious fines will be handed out.”
That game is gonna be must see tv.
Everyone will watch but I doubt anything happens. Should be telling those boys to get those elbows up a little bit more when you go for a hit.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Lol. Jesus Christ, the level of cognitive dissonance here is absolutely off the charts.

I’m going to walk you through this very, very slowly.

Hockey fights, while penalized, don’t result in supplemental discipline from the league.

Scrums, while sometimes penalized, don’t result in supplemental discipline from the league.

Wilson’s punching of a prone player face down on the ice was deemed highly against the rules and deserved immediate action by the league, regardless of what the opinion is of the severity of the action.

How can you not understand the simplicity of this?

How do you not understand what he's trying to say? You can't just jump on a guys back, even if its to pull someone off someone else's back. If you do there will be consequences. Unless those consequences are jumping on there back. You're not allowed to do that. Pulling someone's hair and slamming there helmetless head into the ice is fair game, though.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Nothing will happen on Wednesday. Remember everyone licking their chops in anticipation for the Battle of Alberta when Tkatchuk had done something dirty in the previous game? Nothing happened except for some rather tame staged fights. The NHL will warn the Rangers not to do anything untoward in a nationally televised game. If the Rangers want to send a message they should refuse to play at all and hit in the league in the pocket.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
If it's true that Panarin is genuinely injured then that's crap, obviously no one wants that, but you have to wonder what he was thinking jumping on a guys back when he hasn't got a helmet on. I wonder if he thought he was 'bullet proof' due to that. Hope he gets well soon if he's genuinely hurt

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
So beyond going back and forth of what penalty Wilson should have received from this- any predictions for the NYR/WAS game tomorrow?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The NFL could allow punches and wrestling matches after the whistle too if they wanted.

But they don't.

Not sure why the NHL allows this stuff. I guess some of us fans like that stuff and enjoy the controversy. Personally, I think the actual game of hockey is a beautiful thing and these sideshows make the league look like a bunch of clowns.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I would say Bruins fans know the pain too. Carlo was concussed by him this season and for the 2nd time in his young career by an Caps player. Ovie did it and did not even get a penalty, fine or suspension. Pens fans must have the same feeling about Wilson too, no doubt.
As a bruins fan I will relish seeing the craps bounced in the first round!

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Wilson was all over Panarins teammate, and Panarin rushed in to help out. This happens all the time, without anyone getting injured. But Wilson has no control over himself.

don’t bother, this has been pointed out at least a hundred times but the same posters keep banging the drum that Panarin was asking for it by even presuming to be on the ice when Wilson went psychotic for the millionth time in his short career

Reactions: Beantown Beatdown

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
If it's true that Panarin is genuinely injured then that's crap, obviously no one wants that, but you have to wonder what he was thinking jumping on a guys back when he hasn't got a helmet on. I wonder if he thought he was 'bullet proof' due to that. Hope he gets well soon if he's genuinely hurt

He left the game with a "lower body injury"... not sure the helmet would have helped there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->