Tom Wilson appeal last 7 hours, Bettman to make ruling in a week. (upd: suspension upheld)

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
For all of the apologists I hope those "safe hockey plays" he does happens to one of your guys and then see how that looks when you try to get mad at that and also defend what Wilson does. Because that type of reaction is probably the worst. And no I don't wish injury to anyone nor I am implying it. I just think this line of thought is juvenile and sad.

Ignore him. He's a bandwagoner. Only been a fan since May 5, 2018.

You are absolutely right that it's juvenile and sad regardless.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So that means it will be send to someone else to make a judgment which will take a couple of weeks again ? So the 20 games will likely stay and maybe Wilson gets some money back or something ?

Penguin Suited Up

Dec 26, 2017
So that means it will be send to someone else to make a judgment which will take a couple of weeks again ? So the 20 games will likely stay and maybe Wilson gets some money back or something ?
I’d be shocked if Wilson still gets 20 games considering Watson had his suspension decreased for much worse. Not that Watson’s suspension should have been decreased anyway.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I’d be shocked if Wilson still gets 20 games considering Watson had his suspension decreased for much worse. Not that Watson’s suspension should have been decreased anyway.
I would point out the major difference is Watson's suspension wasn't for an on-ice incident.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

By the time the neutral arbitrator will have decided on this would guess the Caps will have played 20 games. So at best Wilson gets money back if thats the case.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Sure if something is on a silver platter you just have to take it. He just HAD to hit him in the head because it was there . Not sure what the NHLPA is smoking.

Reactions: BillPrep

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

NHLPA: “The league doesn’t do enough to protect the players.”

****ing hypocrites.

The union is legally bound to advocate for its players in the best way possible. In this case, the player who requested union support was Tom Wilson. Therefore, the union is bound to do its best to advocate for what's in Tom Wilson's best interest in this instant. That's arguing that he didn't violate a rule.

This is why unions are important. Because they protect and advocate on behalf of everyone.

Reactions: BHD

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I wonder how Sundqvist feels about the NHLPA that is supposed to support him blaming him for Tom Wilson ripping his head off.

This is going to burn the players in court. All the NHL has to do is point to stuff like this and say "we took it seriously, the PA didn't."

Reactions: Vikke

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I didnt really get too much into Watson's but didnt his GF speak on his behalf, and that's what helped get it reduced? Wilson's was on TV and he's had 4 suspensions in a hear. I dont think the situations are similar

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The union is legally bound to advocate for its players in the best way possible. In this case, the player who requested union support was Tom Wilson. Therefore, the union is bound to do its best to advocate for what's in Tom Wilson's best interest in this instant. That's arguing that he didn't violate a rule.

This is why unions are important. Because they protect and advocate on behalf of everyone.

But not the player who is injured and could feel long term effects from a concussion. They certainly have player safety in mind.

Reactions: Peanut Butter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->