Tom Wilson appeal last 7 hours, Bettman to make ruling in a week. (upd: suspension upheld)

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
And if Wilson's excuse really is what you think: that poor Tom just has the game move too fast for him to realize what he's doing, then he's not going to be allowed to continue playing. It's not up to everyone else to just deal with the fact that he keeps hitting guys the wrong way, by accident or on purpose.

This...

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
wasnt widemans sentence halved after he served the entire thing? it seems obvious its on purpose so these dont get reduced.

member 298589

He’s faster than anyone throwing this much weight around by far. That’s really what it comes down to. Anyone that thinks he has the intention of injuring other players doesn’t know what they’re talking about. He’s a guy who gets a long with a lot of the league off the ice.

I’m not sure why you assume the organization doesn’t touch on it. Of course they do.

You clearly have no clue what fast paced hockey is really like if you think the “solution” is to just, like, not hit him in the head bro. Tom positions himself for the hit before Sundqvist points his noggin down at the last second. If that doesn’t happen, it’s a clean hit. Why do you think numerous pro/ex pros keep pointing this out? At this point Tom is committed to making the hit he can’t just make a split second change... again, no clue what fast paced hockey is really like.

Everyone on here sees Wilson as a guy that just wants to hurt people but it’s obvious to anyone paying attention to Tom and the organizations handling of him (99% Caps fans and probably nobody that comes in these types of threads bashing’s him) that it’s clearly a tricky issue due to Tom’s unique combination of size and speed.

The guy just had a SEVEN HOUR hearing. You think he doesn’t know what he’s talking about? That he didn’t come prepared with a well thought out argument?

Did you even watch the hit? This comment suggests you did not. He does not "point his noggin down at the last second". Please watch the replay before making things up.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
for better future and safety of hockey players and to send a message. This appeal should be denied and the original suspension upheld

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How the hell could it even take that long?

Wilson clearly does not want to change his style of play and hasn't when he has been in trouble from it. If anything, Bettman should just straight up ban the idiot and make the NHL better for it.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018

Wilson clearly does not want to change his style of play and hasn't when he has been in trouble from it. If anything, Bettman should just straight up ban the idiot and make the NHL better for it.
Cry me a river.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

They were too busy playing Fortnite for the first 6 hours and 59 mins.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
I appealed a speeding ticket I got, my court date is set for 5 months later! Wilson should be happy.
You should ask for a postponement and pick a different day off the week. You have better odds that the police won't contest your claim that way.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
How is Wilson going to not go out do something that will lead to a suspension if he gets to appeal it? First offense, sure appeal it, but 4th, nah man you need some tough love.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Cry me a river.
For all of the apologists I hope those "safe hockey plays" he does happens to one of your guys and then see how that looks when you try to get mad at that and also defend what Wilson does. Because that type of reaction is probably the worst. And no I don't wish injury to anyone nor I am implying it. I just think this line of thought is juvenile and sad.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The first six hours were mostly ink blots etc

It was actually Wilson wondering about his money.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad