Tom Sestito

CTAMER

Jan 24, 2013
I know there is currently another thread about Harry Z. bringing called up to take his Sestito's place on the roster, but I am just curious as to other's thoughts about Sestito's game last night in Toronto.

This is why I am angry with Sestito. The Flyers had their worst "six minutes" in a very long time which basically all started with a Sestito turnover that resulted in Colton Orr's goal. Toronto has three heavy's in McLaren, Fraser and Orr. All three of them challenged Sestito at one point in the game last night and he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to respond or spark the Flyers by starting a fight. He runs around but does not fight when challenged very often. In fact, I think he is a "spot picker" for most of his career. Yes, he had two goals last week, but "even the sun shines on a dog's ass one day." Guess what I am trying to say is that although Sestito is a much better skater than Shelley, I would hands down rather have Jody in the lineup due to his veteran presence, ability to spark the team and his fearlessness of fighting anyone in the league.
I understand that Shelley is a complete liability out on the ice due is deteriorating skills, but the guy has heart and balls. Something I feel Sestito does not posess...

Thoughts? Agree or Disagree... I welcome all comments please.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
I'm more worried about how the entire team sucked ass rather than the 4th line goon

12345*

Team just has to be more disciplined. Its one thing to pull down a guy because of an impending high quality scoring chance. Random hooks, holds, boards are just a lack of respect for the team and laziness.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
I know there is currently another thread about Harry Z. bringing called up to take his Sestito's place on the roster, but I am just curious as to other's thoughts about Sestito's game last night in Toronto.

This is why I am angry with Sestito. The Flyers had their worst "six minutes" in a very long time which basically all started with a Sestito turnover that resulted in Colton Orr's goal. Toronto has three heavy's in McLaren, Fraser and Orr. All three of them challenged Sestito at one point in the game last night and he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to respond or spark the Flyers by starting a fight. He runs around but does not fight when challenged very often. In fact, I think he is a "spot picker" for most of his career. Yes, he had two goals last week, but "even the sun shines on a dog's ass one day." Guess what I am trying to say is that although Sestito is a much better skater than Shelley, I would hands down rather have Jody in the lineup due to his veteran presence, ability to spark the team and his fearlessness of fighting anyone in the league.
I understand that Shelley is a complete liability out on the ice due is deteriorating skills, but the guy has heart and balls. Something I feel Sestito does not posess...

Thoughts? Agree or Disagree... I welcome all comments please.

You don't always post...... but when you do............. you are correct.

totally blame his crap play in our end for the change in momentum. Yes the team was terrible but it was 1-0 for us when he went out there and stunk it up. I don't get Tostito or Shelly at all, and yes I watch hockey and yes I understand sending messages and yes I get the role of enforcers. A proper enforcer raises their teams effort level not drives it into the ground.

Cromster

Dec 4, 2010
New London, CT
It's like he scored a couple goals and forgot why he was on the team. I dunno. I think this probably started with Lavy, not Homer.

CTAMER

Jan 24, 2013
I agree with all of you who said that the team sucked last night. You are all correct....they looked like crap from top to bottom. However, my point was that Sestito did nothing to spark his team...especially after being asked to dance about three times by opposing tough guys.

@jd... Thanks man. I try to be accurate when I post.

@cromster... You are right on the money my friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad