Video Tom Sestito vs. Colton Orr

• Thread starter Bi Coastal Bawse*
  • Start date

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Proud of Sestito, he will scrap anyone and smile while doing it, glad we have him as an enforcer for teams like Toronto, Boston, Kings etc...

What did Sestito enforce? Orr won. Orr or Mclaren will probably win next time. Sestito is a nonfactor in the fighting and enforcing world no one fears him.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
What did Sestito enforce? Orr won. Orr or Mclaren will probably win next time. Sestito is a nonfactor in the fighting and enforcing world no one fears him.

Orr was throwing hits so Sestito went him like enforcers do and held his own. Orr was a non factor after that like the rest of the Leafs squad and Mclaren just took dumb penalties

Job well done by our lowly enforcer I'd say

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Orr was throwing hits so Sestito went him like enforcers do and held his own. Orr was a non factor after that like the rest of the Leafs squad and Mclaren just took dumb penalties

Job well done by our lowly enforcer I'd say

Yes cuz I am sure Orr said oh no if I hit people I will have to fight Sestito. Mclaren would have actually fought Kassian. But you know Kassian was too busy trying to fight Phaneuf and Ranger. Only time he tried to fight Mclaren was when like 3-4 Nucks were holding onto Mclaren.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Yes cuz I am sure Orr said oh no if I hit people I will have to fight Sestito. Mclaren would have actually fought Kassian. But you know Kassian was too busy trying to fight Phaneuf and Ranger. Only time he tried to fight Mclaren was when like 3-4 Nucks were holding onto Mclaren.

Not sure why your so angry over a game that had nothing to do with your team:laugh:, didn't say Orr was afraid of Sestito but Sestito took him off the ice for 15 minutes which is doing his job

No doubt Mclaren would have fought Kassian (duh) and there were 3-4 Canucks on him because Kass was on the ice after getting high sticked then went in, way to conveniently ignore that part but your clearly just seeing what you want to see because you hate the Canucks which is cute

Kassian didn't need to fight Mclaren and shouldn't, he was scoring a goal while Mclaren was waving a towel

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
orr is such a smart fighter. getting beaten by jabs and sestitos reach advantage so he opens up the fight and exposes himself to a couple punches, but lands 3 hard punches to sesisto's face putting him down.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
orr is such a smart fighter. getting beaten by jabs and sestitos reach advantage so he opens up the fight and exposes himself to a couple punches, but lands 3 hard punches to sesisto's face putting him down.

I don't think there is a single player in the league who would go toe to toe with Orr except a select few. Everyone uses the grab-n-jab technique on him now, especially after the Neil fight. I'd say only McGratton, Scott, and maybe rosehill and engelland would. I haven't really watched bordeleau fight so I can't comment on his style

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Orr won that fight, it was even up until the end much like McGrattan and McLaren. Orr landed a shot that put Sestito down, much like McGrattan landed a flurry with McLarens jersey over his head.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't think there is a single player in the league who would go toe to toe with Orr except a select few. Everyone uses the grab-n-jab technique on him now, especially after the Neil fight. I'd say only McGratton, Scott, and maybe rosehill and engelland would. I haven't really watched bordeleau fight so I can't comment on his style

While i agree with this for the most part, i think Orr is one big punch away from playing with crayons. He's got great power for sure, but his chin isn't exactly top tier like a McGrattan, Neil, hell even Engelland.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Orr had a tough time with him...sorta seems hes starting to decline.

slight edge Orr

its funny I thought exactly the same thing. When they were circling I was thinking this aint gonna end well for sesito and I kept expecting more from orr ( he did ok at the end). I though mabey he had an injury I didnt know about but that was not a great showing on his part.

I'm not saying hes gone soft, some guys have problems with certain guys but sesito did a far better job than I anticipated. mabey a bit of both ( slightly better for sesito slightly worse for orr)

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
jeeez, the second i saw sestito let up with his left i thought he'd be going to sleep... and then the big right.

that could have been a huge win for sestito - were he able to tie up to end it i think he wins the fight.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Gotta shake my head at the posters calling this fight a draw, or an edge for Orr. Scoring a solid KD from a landed punch would pretty much constitute a solid win. That's what happened here.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Gotta shake my head at the posters calling this fight a draw, or an edge for Orr. Scoring a solid KD from a landed punch would pretty much constitute a solid win. That's what happened here.

Uh...ok. I saw it as pretty even (despite Sestito getting the jersey jabs in) until Orr unloaded at the very end and got the takedown.

r3cc0s

Mar 7, 2011
Sestito is just nowhere near the same caliber as Orr, let alone the real tough guns.

I've boxed as well, and can tell you when a guy is a "proper" fighter, and one who learnt just to do what he could to make the show.

I can tell you that I grew up with Riley Cote, and when he was off from AAA -> Maj Jr for Prince Albert, he was not at all a fighter. In AAA, he was a league leader and had a pro-level shot.

in the dub:
1998–99 Prince Albert Raiders WHL 37 3 2 5 63 9 0 0 0 9
1999–00 Prince Albert Raiders WHL 67 6 7 13 71 3 1 0 1 2
2000–01 Prince Albert Raiders WHL 64 17 35 52 114 — — — — —
2001–02 Prince Albert Raiders WHL 67 28 23 51 134

he was a "contributing" player in the western hockey league, learnt to be "tough" but went undrafted.
So, he still wanted to follow his dream, and made it to the show, the only way he could.

That being said, he learnt to fight with my old Boxing coach, Simon Mircea. Cote' was alright, and he learnt to do what he needed to, to fight on the ice.

But how good of a "fighter" was he? I'll put it this way, while he was away play Mj Jr, I became a div golden glove, and there would be no way on "dry-land" that he could be able to keep up.
I'm sure these days he's stronger than hell and has a ridiculous pain tolerance, but he was just wasn't a "natural" fighter.

However based on my observations, being a boxer:
Rypien was perhaps the best technical fighter, regardless of weight class, to ever touch the ICE. I liked that he could actually log real time in the game, as an energy player and answer the bell.

Next?
Eric Goddard... you can tell he knows how to throw them, and was quite effective

Then... currently I'd say its McGratten & finally Macintyre (who's wife was my Boss lol... she's a IT/SAP VP)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad