Tom Seaver diagnosed with Dementia

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Sad news

Unfortunately it’s news like this which will probably finally get the Mets to make a statue of him outside the stadium. The Wilpons are a disgrace when it comes to honoring the history of the team and former players

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
That's sad to hear, hopefully Tom and his family can deal with this as best they can. I wonder which form of dementia he has, and if it's similar to Alzheimer's.

Sad news

Unfortunately it’s news like this which will probably finally get the Mets to make a statue of him outside the stadium. The Wilpons are a disgrace when it comes to honoring the history of the team and former players

The only statue currently outside the Skydo-....er, the "Rogers Centre", is of former owner Ted Rogers. Probably never picked up a bat in his life.

That said, Toronto's former players worthy of such praise are honoured in the stadium, in the "level of excellence" all around the field. Would love to see some more tributes outside, though....at least for actual players. :help:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
That's sad to hear, hopefully Tom and his family can deal with this as best they can. I wonder which form of dementia he has, and if it's similar to Alzheimer's.

The only statue currently outside the Skydo-....er, the "Rogers Centre", is of former owner Ted Rogers. Probably never picked up a bat in his life.

That said, Toronto's former players worthy of such praise are honoured in the stadium, in the "level of excellence" all around the field. Would love to see some more tributes outside, though....at least for actual players. :help:

Completely agree. Rogers is such a disgrace when it comes to honouring the team (among other things). How hard would it be to have a monument park outside the dome of Carter doing the fist pump in the air, or Alomar with the two fingers pointing to the sky, Gruber arguing the triple play, etc.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Completely agree. Rogers is such a disgrace when it comes to honouring the team (among other things). How hard would it be to have a monument park outside the dome of Carter doing the fist pump in the air, or Alomar with the two fingers pointing to the sky, Gruber arguing the triple play, etc.

They could certainly learn a thing or two from MLSE with their "Legends' Row" outside of Scotiabank Arena.

Call it the "Legends' Dugout" or something, have Cito, Carter, Alomar, etc., maybe a separate section for "builders" like Beeston, Gillick, Cheek and eventually Howarth. I'm sure there are better alternatives to what they currently have.

Getting back to Seaver, I hope the Mets do right by him as well.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad