Confirmed with Link: Tom Pyatt re-signed 2 yrs, 1.1M AAV

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Stalberg is the guy I'd like to see come back.

Pyatt was okay, but I prefer Stalberg. Burrows also here for two years, so they come off the books at the same time.

I'm guessing Smith moves back to the 4C spot. Burrows - Smith - Pyatt now.

Not a chance. Smith is way too good for the 4th line. He'll be a top 6 winger.

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
Very good deal. Expected him to hold out for more. Seems like we should be able to get Pyatt, Stalberg and Wingels all re-signed for less than 3.5/year.

Where would you put everyone?

Hoff-Turris-Stone
Mac-Pageau-Ryan
Smith-Brass-Dzingel
Burrows-X-Pyatt

Would you re-sign Stalberg and Wingels when you only have one starting roster spot left? Would they?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Not a chance. Smith is way too good for the 4th line. He'll be a top 6 winger.

If White plays with Pageau, there is no room for Smith. He will not unseat Hoffman or MacArthur (unless he retires and his spot is open)

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

Hoff-Turris-Stone
Mac-Pageau-Ryan
Smith-Brass-Dzingel
Burrows-X-Pyatt

Would you re-sign Stalberg and Wingels when you only have one starting roster spot left? Would they?

I sort of expect us to trade a young forward like White or Dzingel... I also think Smith could be used as our 4C.

The real reason, though, is I forgot to include Pageau :shakehead

that said... I do think we have something cooking.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Its more likely White centers the 4th line than Smith.

Personally I hope not. He needs players like Pageau who see the game so clearly. That said, if the plan is to keep White as a centre, it could happen.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008

Hoff-Turris-Stone
Mac-Pageau-Ryan
Smith-Brass-Dzingel
Burrows-X-Pyatt

Looking at the roster and taking into consideration the internal budget, I'm not even sure they bring back Stalberg, or even sign a bigger name UFA. White or Paul will get a crack at the 4C spot with the other being the 13th fwd.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I don't mind this deal. Now I'd like us to get a top 6 forward who'd bump somebody down to complete the rest of the roster.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I like it. Was a big Pyatt fan last year. Vet depth with capable guys is a good thing.

Stalberg next. Toss Tommy.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Looking at the roster and taking into consideration the internal budget, I'm not even sure they bring back Stalberg, or even sign a bigger name UFA. White or Paul will get a crack at the 4C spot with the other being the 13th fwd.

I think they try to bring back Stalberg, they gave up a 3rd for him and his a versatile player. But i could see Stalberg wanting 2 years. I think i would give him 1 years.. because we have Young player who at some point will need to play.

But Wingel won't be back i think.

Tha your fourth line can be Burrows-White-Stalberg/Pyatt

Or White can play the RW on the 3rd line for now.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Like the deal. Also agree that Wingels is not needed. Waste of money there. Not a terrible player but redundant in this organization. Stalberg would be a nice signing at the right price.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Smith - Brassard - Ryan
Mac - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - White - Burrows
(Dzingle)

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Kulikov - Harpur
(Boro, Wideman)

Andy/Condon

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Pyatt did absolutely everything to perfection last year except score. $1.1mil for the positive effect he brings every time he steps on the ice is a good rate, and 2 years is fantastic as far as term is concerned because it protects the team in case he declines any time soon.

Nothing to complain about here. There's almost no risk in this contract whatsoever, it's all upside.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pyatt did absolutely everything to perfection last year except score. $1.1mil for the positive effect he brings every time he steps on the ice is a good rate, and 2 years is fantastic as far as term is concerned because it protects the team in case he declines any time soon.

Nothing to complain about here. There's almost no risk in this contract whatsoever, it's all upside.

Love this deal. fair price, vet defensive 4th liner, won't likely ever have to play with Kelly again!

Pyatt is a solid bottom 6 addition.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Nice deal!

Stalberg next pls.

We don't need Wingels.

My thoughts exactly. Good deal to get Pyatt for 2 years at $1.1 per.

Stalberg would be great at $1.5 per for 2 years.

Then get a number 1 Center; or a big scoring winger via trade or UFA. Plus. LD to replace Methot, possible Kulikov or Alzner.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Makes sense. He's exactly the kind of role player Boucher likes, and his skill set is almost uniquely perfect for Boucher's system. Chances are he'd have a lesser role on almost any other team in the league. For a guy that was out of the NHL 2 years ago, I'm sure he just wants to keep on keeping on with what's working for him.

MVP knows which side his toast is buttered on.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
That's what we like to hear.

Good situation for him too. He might have received a few hundred grand more somewhere else but knowing you have a significant role and the trust of your coach is a pretty big deal too.

Especially for a veteran.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad