Confirmed with Link: Tom Pyatt re-signed 2 yrs, 1.1M AAV

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Very good deal. Expected him to hold out for more. Seems like we should be able to get Pyatt, Stalberg and Wingels all re-signed for less than 3.5/year.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Thank God. Excellent on the PK and defense. Good at shootouts. Occasional scoring contributor.

What more can you ask from a utility player.

Gotta have our MVP.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Nice! Would be really cool to have the depth to slot him on line 4 and then have him get bumped up when inevitable injuries occur.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
He was our only pending UFA that I was positive we were going to re-sign.

Fair contract.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The way Dorion was talking about him and Condon makes me think Pyatt might have been asking for more than 2 years. This was probably a compromise. The Sens have walked away from 4th liners who were good fits before over term (see Condragate2015).

Good signing. He was mostly solid in his role. He's guy Boucher's favorite hockey player of all time or something so it couldn't hurt in that regard.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
He was our only pending UFA that I was positive we were going to re-sign.

Fair contract.

I felt the opposite. I thought he might walk because Dorion described both sides as being pretty far apart, and he played well enough I'd think to generate interest from other teams.

Keep in mind, UFAs could talk to other teams as of yesterday, so Pyatt's people would have been able to get a good indication of whether there was anything better out there while Ottawa might have gotten an indication of how far they had to up their offer to keep Pyatt.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Was there really any doubt Pyatt would re-sign here? Boucher trusts him. It was probably more about term and waiting for the 2 drafts to be over. He's no superstar but he's very reliable and can play up and down the lineup as needed. Good guy to have around.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Nice! Would be really cool to have the depth to slot him on line 4 and then have him get bumped up when inevitable injuries occur.

we have it ! That's the lineup I would like for the top 9

Hoff-Brass-Ryan
Mac-Turris-Stone
Smith-JGP-White
Than you chose 3 from:

Pyatt/Burrows/Dzingle/Stalberg/Wingels

There is the possibility of signing a UFA or a trade, but let's workj with what we have for now.

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I was hoping for $850K. How much budget room do we have left now? lol

Nobody knows what our budget is, but Melnyk has been quoted in the past as saying he puts 68M towards player salaries, and that is roughly what our payroll was at the start of last season.

Assuming Pyatt's deal is 1.1 both years and isn't front or back loaded, we are currently at 62M with 18/23 skaters signed. Our two notable RFAs are Pageau and Dzingel. So after we sign them, we have to pay for 3 more roster players to fill things out at 23.

Unless they go longer term, Dzingel probably gets something in the 1.3M-1.6M range on a 1 or 2 year deal. Pageau probably gets an AAV in the mid 2Ms but his contract could be backloaded making his salary under 2M for this season. Dzingel and Pageau maybe cost a combined 3M this upcoming season in real money if we get lucky, and then the next 3 skaters will probably cost 2.5M-3M combined.

So at this point, if we don't move Phaneuf, we're probably right around 67M-68M depending on how things shake out. Whether that is our budget, nobody really knows for sure.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Stalberg is the guy I'd like to see come back.

Pyatt was okay, but I prefer Stalberg. Burrows also here for two years, so they come off the books at the same time.

I'm guessing Smith moves back to the 4C spot. Burrows - Smith - Pyatt now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad