Tom Preissing & J.M Liles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Hmmm...I would have to look up the stats...but I am not so sure yet that Liles is getting more ice time than Skoula just yet. Or maybe he is and we just notice Skoula more because he is always making a bonehead play.

Liles is small (like any college kid going straight to the NHL, he needs to build up strength) but he's got a great shot and should become an excellent PP man someday. His duties right now are still fairly limited and he certainly hasn't set the ice on fire...but for a young defenseman, the fact that you don't notice him a ton just yet means he's also not making many mistakes. He is very fundamentally sound defensively despite his stature and plays with twice as much physical presence as the much bigger and stronger Skoula.

Think a poor-man's Brian Rafalski. He'll probably never put up stats that good and like Rafalski, he's not going to out-muscle many guys. But he's a good two-way package stuffed into a smaller than normal frame.

Saprykin Fan

Sep 8, 2002
Visit site
hey

After seeing preissing in college, and playing on my brother's team, he is very offensive, and set college records last year for defencemen. He's pretty good defensively and i was surprised he made the sharks this year, but ive watched every game and he has not looked out of place at all!!! Him, Davidson, Erhoff, Fahey will continue to be the 5,6,7 guys, so far i think tom has been the best out of all of them, and has put up soem pretty good numbers already ona ****** sj sharks club.

SJSharksFan

Apr 15, 2002
Visit site
Saprykin Fan said:
After seeing preissing in college, and playing on my brother's team, he is very offensive, and set college records last year for defencemen. He's pretty good defensively and i was surprised he made the sharks this year, but ive watched every game and he has not looked out of place at all!!! Him, Davidson, Erhoff, Fahey will continue to be the 5,6,7 guys, so far i think tom has been the best out of all of them, and has put up soem pretty good numbers already ona ****** sj sharks club.

We get the fact that the Sharks suck, you don't have to use offensive words to get your point across as you've done so already on the Sharks board.

SJSharksFan

Apr 15, 2002
Visit site
You also must be pretty blinded with your love affair for Preissing because right now, he's behind Davidson on the Sharks DF and about even with Erhoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->