Tom Kurvers passes away-age 57

Discussion in 'National Hockey League Talk' started by spintheblackcircle, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Absolut Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Legal
    RIP Tom.

2. CascadiaPuck Proud Canucks investor.

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Agree with a lot of what you’re saying. But even in developed nations, lung cancer remains the #1 cause of cancer death. Like it kills as many people as the #2, #3, and #4 cancer killers combined in the USA I believe.

3. Bolt32 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I posted this on the Lightning's board. I just wanted to share here.

One training camp the up stairs in Brandon wasn't taped off so I walked up there and watched. I was watching Jaroslav Janus whom we just drafted. A guy stood next to me and was watching them as well. I just started to spout off on Janus, how I felt he had potential but his lack of positioning worried me. Felt like he was able to make that ten bell save, but half the time he puts himself in that position when he didn't need too. The guy was utterly intrigued and started to spout back and forth on different prospects. We talked for about 30 minutes or so. Afterwards he shook my hand and I introduced myself (I haven't told him my name.) and he told told me he was Tom Kurves. I was instantly shell shocked. I was just shooting the shit with our assistant GM. It's one of my favorite hockey memories about the Lightning. Rest in Peace Tom. You were a good guy, and hockey lost a good one with you.

4. RyCanadian Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
  5. Mount Suribachi Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Yeah, it's still #1 in the UK, but it's less than breast, prostate and bowel cancer combined

6. Lord Falstaff Rebooting myself Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    currently creating a new identity

Feel bad for TK, it is part of his epitaph that trade. He was a good player, but would you want to be him they year of the draft and having the TO media up in arms over the fact for awhile it was looking like the pick was going to Lindros(until the Nords traded 3 heart and soul players who wanted to win)

Before you think I am nuts. The moment the Nords/Leaf trade was made--people said "this was to make sure the leafs do not finish last". While Michel Petit, Lucien DeBlois, and Aaron Broten were solid NHLERS and Petit and Deblois played balls out in their time with the leafs and Nords added no nhl players--they dumped 3 solid role players who played tough and got picks for them.