Tom Kostopoulos vs Kevin Bieksa

bov

Nov 13, 2010
In one of the most shocking fight results of the season, Tom Kostopoulos notched what I believe is his second career NHL win against the tough blueliner Kevin Bieksa. They started a brief toe-to-toe exchange and Kostopoulos landed a beauty, which clearly rattled Bieksa and the linesmen stepped in to halt the bout. A bloodied Bieksa left the ice in shame, and Kostopoulos deserves some kudos for this one! I will post the video when it's up.

Last edited:

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
It was shocking and came out of nowhere.

Bieksa has destroyed both guys he fought this year and then gets buckled by Tom freaking Kostopoulos???

wilty00

May 15, 2007
Kelowna/Winnipeg
Pretty embarrassing for Bieksa.

I think he thrives on emotional fights where people just start chucking... he was clearly caught off guard when Kostop tried to introduce any sort of strategy into the fight.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
It was shocking and came out of nowhere.

Bieksa has destroyed both guys he fought this year and then gets buckled by Tom freaking Kostopoulos???

na bieska is overrated he isn't a figher. he fights when he's pissed. that was a hard shot. i love it

carlweezer*

lol "left the ice bloodied and in shame" ahah also known as a 2 minute cross checking penalty and 5 minute major for fighting..

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I posted in Montreal's post game Habs-Ducks thread that Kostopolous had won a fight and someone said it was physically impossible:laugh:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
lol "left the ice bloodied and in shame" ahah also known as a 2 minute cross checking penalty and 5 minute major for fighting..

He hasn't returned, and I was referring to the fact he lost to one of the worst known scrappers in the history of the NHL.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Not possible. Tom Kostopoulos? I've never seen him win a fight. Pretty big upset IMO.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Bieska deserves that, a very dirty player. Why was he swinging that roundhouse.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
TKO win for Kostopolous.

108254972_slide.jpg

108254743_slide.jpg

HackandLube

Dec 7, 2005
Classic counter-punch. He misjudged Kostopoulos' reach. Went in for the swing, practically swung his own head into Kostopoulos' fist.

TmX

Feb 3, 2011
Bieska deserves that, a very dirty player. Why was he swinging that roundhouse.

How is he a dirty player? Not one knee to knee, not one dirty hit or a hit to the head how is he dirty?

anyway nice counter by kostopoulos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad