Tom Fritsche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
Is he some sort of super playmaker or something. 15 assists and 1 goal in 14 games.....I find that pretty funny. What sort of player is he?
Just imagine a smaller version of his brother, but more hard-nosed. They play a very similar game from what I've seen.

X0ssbar

JasonMacIsaac said:
Is he some sort of super playmaker or something. 15 assists and 1 goal in 14 games.....I find that pretty funny. What sort of player is he?

I've been to every home Ohio State game this year. I would agree with Postman's comments - he is smaller than his bro but plays similar.

He has been playing on a line with two other freshman and they have been lighting it up - tremendous chemistry. He's has been snakebit trying to find the back of the net but I think the goals will come - he is getting his opportunities and he is a helluva playmaker as his stats would suggest.

One aspect of his game that has really stood out to me is that the guy can take some hits - in fact he has taken some of the harderst hits I've seen this year at the college level. I think this is due mostly to the speed of the college game and I look for him to adjust his game and avoid some of those monsters in the future.

Bottom line is I have been very impressed with his game thus far and I think he'll start finding the back of the net more often as the season moves forward.

I would think he's a lock to go at least in the 2nd round if not sneak into the end of the 1st round.

newcbjfan

Oct 28, 2003
Cleveland
Visit site
Top Shelf said:
I've been to every home Ohio State game this year. I would agree with Postman's comments - he is smaller than his bro but plays similar.

He has been playing on a line with two other freshman and they have been lighting it up - tremendous chemistry. He's has been snakebit trying to find the back of the net but I think the goals will come - he is getting his opportunities and he is a helluva playmaker as his stats would suggest.

One aspect of his game that has really stood out to me is that the guy can take some hits - in fact he has taken some of the harderst hits I've seen this year at the college level. I think this is due mostly to the speed of the college game and I look for him to adjust his game and avoid some of those monsters in the future.

Bottom line is I have been very impressed with his game thus far and I think he'll start finding the back of the net more often as the season moves forward.
I would think he's a lock to go at least in the 2nd round if not sneak into the end of the 1st round.

I'm from the Cleveland area and have a son that started playing hockey 3 years ago, so I've been introduced to the game recently. :blush: What I'm saying is, if your a hockey family in Cleveland, you know the Fritsche name. They have a hockey store at several of the arenas in the area.
I've heard that both boys learned the game from their father, and it stands to reason that they would play the game similarly. I've seen Tom play, when he was with the Cleveland Barons, and with The USDP, and he is amazing. He's lightning quick, and his on ice awareness is something else. He always knows where the puck is. I, once, saw him deek two guys, BEHIND THE NET, and then put it in on a wrap-a-round. I'm a bit of a HOMER, but this kid is really something to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->