Movies: Tom Cruise

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
Not a fan of him since he seems nuts and is in a major cult. But he's had a heck of a career. Tons of entertaining movies, I thought he was great in Magnolia and pretty good in A Few Good Men, Born on the 4th of July, Top Gun.

Movies with him in it that I like in no order,

The Outsiders
Magnolia
A Few Good Men
Top Gun
Born on the Fourth of July
Risky Business
All the Right Moves
Legend
The Color of Money
Taps
Far and Away
Interview with the Vampire
The Firm
The Last Samurai
Tropic Thunder
Jerry Maguire
Totally forgot about this one. Apart from The Outsiders, Legend is the only film of his that I own. It's strange seeing Cruise in this one now, as he doesn't fit the fantasy mold for me, and his character doesn't have much dialogue. The film itself is a bit off. It's very pretty and has some neat ideas, but the story is lacking.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I always feel like I should be more turned off on Cruise than I am. I always end up really liking his movies and rooting for him as a character in his movies. Its weird, as other actors have turned me off for lessor offenses in their personal lives. It doesn't seem to have the same effect for me with Cruise, he seems like such a great, genuine guy on the screen. The only other comparison I can think of is Russell Crowe, a known a-hole in real life that just works as that charismatic "everyman" on screen. Maybe Mel Gibson as well?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Magnolia was such a great performance in a movie that's a huge steaming turd.

I really dig him in the Jack Reacher movies.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
He was superb in Valkyrie. I thought that film was going to be a bomb, but Cruise pulled off a great performance.

I think he's one of the best actors of the last 20 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad