Online Series: Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan (John Krasinski, Amazon Prime Series)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Been saying this for years

How has this not been made into a film yet?!

lawyers

the film rights were owned by a company that went belly up and they tried to sell the right to two different companies at the same time..that lead to litigation. The Clancy estate says the right reverted back to them but the publishers have their side of things and the two companies who thought they had the rights have their side of things

reportedly Rainbow 6 is in preproduction somewhere

Reactions: KapG
May 31, 2006
Finished it last night. It’s certainly entertaining (not as good as 24 or Homeland), but nothing really great.

Krasinski was ok but he should probably stick to selling paper.

Sep 19, 2008
It took me like 3 months of dillydaddling but I finally was able to binge watch the rest of the episodes. Yeah, Season 1 was good, although there were a few inaccuracies (where is Annandale, MD :laugh:)

The Imp

5-14-6-1
Jul 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm an avid consumer of anything Ryanverse, and most Tom Clancy stuff.

Having said that, I loved this show. Intelligent and solid if unspectacular acting.

I am a bit concerned about where they go from here - I mean, they went nuclear, biological, domestic terrorism in Season 1. 24 jumped the shark on itself by having to up the ante on the preceeding season.

My guess is that they focus more on the spy stuff. Say Ukraine/Belarus and Russia. Maybe more Syria and Russian involvement there.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The series was not a difficult watch but it took some time for me to get over some of the character differences from the novels (mostly Greer). Overall, I enjoyed it despite some flaws and I’m looking forward to season 2.

I’m really hoping John Clark makes an appearance in future seasons. According to the creators of the show, he was supposed to be in the first season but the character’s rights are tied up in what I assume is the film rights to “Without Remorse”. Now that I think about it, I’d rather see Without Remorse as a season on TV rather than a movie... get on it, Amazon.

Sep 19, 2008
The series was not a difficult watch but it took some time for me to get over some of the character differences from the novels (mostly Greer). Overall, I enjoyed it despite some flaws and I’m looking forward to season 2.

I’m really hoping John Clark makes an appearance in future seasons. According to the creators of the show, he was supposed to be in the first season but the character’s rights are tied up in what I assume is the film rights to “Without Remorse”. Now that I think about it, I’d rather see Without Remorse as a season on TV rather than a movie... get on it, Amazon.

There was a rumor that Michael B Jordan would play John Clark in Season 2.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Seems to be a loose adaptation on Clear and Present Danger, except centered in Venezuela and not Colombia.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
When I met Tom Clancy...

I was working at Canada Customs (University job), and I had to help inspect a train that had crossed the border. We finished the train when we noticed that one car was not accessible to the rest of the train. I entered the luxurious car and there was Tom Clancy on the phone.

I said, "Get off the phone". He replied, "I'm Tom Clancy, I own the Baltimore Orioles, and this is a call I have to take".

If I hadn't been so impressed, I would have been mad. ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad