Toffoli vs Gallagher

Who you rather have?

• Total voters

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Came in here to post Gallagher but it's close because he does more when not scoring, but...

Easily Gally. Used to be close, now it's not.

Not close? In what world? They have nearly identical goal and point paces, just that Gally blew up last year while Toffoli had a bad year, but they've both been playing long enough to have history to suggest they're practically equal in that regard.

Was it 'not close' the previous three years when Toffoli hit 58 pts and outscored Gally every year?

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Came in here to post Gallagher but it's close because he does more when not scoring, but...

Not close? In what world? They have nearly identical goal and point paces, just that Gally blew up last year while Toffoli had a bad year, but they've both been playing long enough to have history to suggest they're practically equal in that regard.

Was it 'not close' the previous three years when Toffoli hit 58 pts and outscored Gally every year?

Gally brings much more than scoring. Their statlines are similar but the net-front presence he brings gives him a clear edge. There is not a game where he isn't a huge factor/distraction that leads to a habs goal.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Marchand Hall Kucherov Gallagher Forsberg Dadonov Eberle Marchessault are the easy ones. I’d probably pick Giroux and Ovechkin to round out my top 10.
Eberle, Gallagher are easy ones? Ahead of Gaudreau, Kane, Rantanen, Wheeler, Arvidsson, Panarin, Radulov, Pastrnak, Kessel, Voracek, Rakell, Tarasenko, Benn, Granlund, Landeskog, Marner, really now...

Last edited:

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Dom hates Rantanen and never gives him the credit he's due so I didn't expect him in his top 10. Dadonov who had 1 60 point season, Marchessault, Eberle being the easy picks while Ovechkin is a probably is just so facepalm worthy. Wheeler couldn't even crack that list? Like holy hell.

The mental gymnastics required to even make that list is incredible.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Dom hates Rantanen and never gives him the credit he's due so I didn't expect him in his top 10. Dadonov who had 1 60 point season, Marchessault, Eberle being the easy picks while Ovechkin is a probably is just so facepalm worthy. Wheeler couldn't even crack that list? Like holy hell.

The mental gymnastics required to even make that list is incredible.
Rantanen wouldn’t even be in my top 150 bud

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
On the topic of my list, the other guys who could make my top 10 but I chose Ovi and Giroux over would be stone panarin tarasenko Benn prob.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
That was a slight exaggeration. Rantanen wouldn’t make my top 150 forwards. Idk for wingers alone.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Rantanen wouldn’t even be in my top 150 bud

And this is why nobody takes anything you say seriously. That you choose Jordan Eberle over Rantanen is just.. it's honestly amazing.

I needed the laughs today kid. Thanks. I hate making fun of ignorant teenagers but you're doing it to yourself with this one.

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
I like Gallagher. A lot. But there's no way he's a top 10 winger in the league. He's a better version of Patric Hornqvist: gritty, dangerous in front of net. Unlike Marchand or Arvidsson, he doesn't have hands nor speed.

But for the poll, I'd take Gallagher before Toffoli.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->