Toews to North Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
According to USHR, '88 born Jonathan Toews will be heading to the University of North Dakota next season. Toews was taken #1 overall by the Tri-City Storm in the 2003 WHL draft and most thought he'd be heading there after graduating from Shattuck-St. Mary's this year. He's one to watch for the '06 NHL draft.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
cagney said:
According to USHR, '88 born Jonathan Toews will be heading to the University of North Dakota next season. Toews was taken #1 overall by the Tri-City Storm in the 2003 WHL draft and most thought he'd be heading there after graduating from Shattuck-St. Mary's this year. He's one to watch for the '06 NHL draft.

... Tri-Cities Americans. Disappointing from a WHL fan's perspective but the college path seemed inevitable when this Winnipeg phenon opted for Shattuck-St. Mary's over Canadian leagues.

I saw Toews at last year's Mac Midget Tournament in Calgary. He is a very talented player with great size. Lots of upside. Another big catch for U.N.D.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Toews is going to be a high, high pick. I'd say top 4-6.

Great catch for UND, seems like a no brainer for Toews. Two hours from home and he'll be joining fellow Winnipeg first rounder Travis Zajac.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Don_Cherry said:
Toews is going to be a high, high pick. I'd say top 4-6.

Great catch for UND, seems like a no brainer for Toews. Two hours from home and he'll be joining fellow Winnipeg first rounder Travis Zajac.
I've got him at #21 rigth now, he's been unimpressive this year.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Fedz said:
I've got him at #21 rigth now, he's been unimpressive this year.

He isn't even the best player on his team this year. Okposo will be a better pro as he can do it all and plays very physical.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
PuckFan01 said:
He isn't even the best player on his team this year. Okposo will be a better pro as he can do it all and plays very physical.
Okposo is a couple spots higher on the list too. :handclap:

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Just a note. Toews seems to be doing okay at the World Under 17 Championships in Lethbridge. He is the tournament's leading scorer.

1 Jonathan Toews Western 5 6 4 10 2
2 Ryan McDonough Ontario 5 4 6 10 2
3 Tyler Swystun Pacific 5 6 3 9 4
4 Jiri Tlusty Czech Republic 5 5 4 9 4
5 Kyle Bortis Western 5 4 5 9 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad