Confirmed with Link: Toews to Avs for 2021 and 2022 2nd rd picks.

Drive 4 Five

Sep 5, 2006
Seems like a fair deal for both sides. Toews is a good player but replaceable in a Trotz system with a strong goalie tandem (at least on paper). Likely a good chance Greene is back if we can get him 1 year on the cheap. Pelech - Leddy - Greene/Aho is fine with me.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Toews will end up a surpassingly good Dman somewhere 3-4 years from now when he’s 30-31. It won’t be in Colorado though. He probably is there one year and that’s it

Reactions: Kauskey

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
Sad to lose Toews, on his best nights he was a great puck mover, but we know this is financially based as well. Also, I'd say this strongly increases the chances Dobson starts next season with the Isles and not in the AHL. Wouldn't be surprised to see one of those picks on the move to dump another salary.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Kauskey

Mar 16, 2007
Something had to give. Can't imagine how bad our PP looks without Toews now.

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
I will judge Lou and his offseason by what this team looks like when camp opens. Will Toews make or break the team...nope. I even even went on record to say I prefer Leddy over Toews if one had to go.

I’ll wait and see what Lou’s next moves are.

Nikolai Koolaidman

Mar 7, 2014
I think we will see Aho or Wilde getting more of a chance this season. Hopefully, one of them can step up and fill the gap left by Toews. This also means that Leddy is probably staying around for the near future. Lou really needs to use these picks to ship out Boychuk or Ladd for this to be worth it.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
This is what I wrote in the rumors/speculation on Saturday:
This is why I think Toews could be traded and Greene or another vet brought in on the cheap(and why I think Aho was given a contract to take the Dobson spot from last season). Everyone thinks LL has to move a contract to make a signing when he may just move one of the RFA's? Plus by moving a RFA and perhaps taking futures it will probably help with the expansion draft next year.
I would not be surprised if the vet is Hamonic and most definetly Greene.

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
I do cringe at trading a young mobile defenseman for just two second rounders. I will say he took a step back from his rookie season and struggled at times in the playoffs but still think he has a bright future. Wish him the best.

He'll actually be 27 early in the new season. We all think he's younger than he is.

Reactions: JoeM

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Really like Toews, but something had to give. With guys like Aho and Wilde getting ready to compete for spots and Dobson looking ready, someone had to go.

As much as I would like a big free agent splash, signing Barzal and Pulock would be enough for me.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad