Toews potential?

WOTR

Jul 26, 2003
I am going to chime back into this thread. I am more in line with WashJeffHockey19.

I mean, if you asked a scout wether they would take a 100 point player who is mostly focused on Offense (someone like Pavel Bure in his prime) or a team leader, two-way player, who can and will do anything to win the game that puts up 60 - 80 (Modanaesque, Yzerman, Sakic) points, I think many would choose the two-way leader.

I for one would rather have Toews focus on what he needs to do to win each game and lead the teams focus, then always be looking for points.

Obviously scoring is part of winning and I think Toews knows that and is going to put points up.

But I really don't see how we have the lack of appreciation for 80 points. If a player is doing that consistently, expecially with a complete game, they are historically elite. That is not to say he won't hit 100, but like I said earlier, I couldn't get happier as a Hawks fan if Toews is a perrenial 80 point player with all the other things he does on the ice.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
If Toews can be a perennial 80 point producer and be the all around leader he is now then i would be absolutely ecstatic. As a Chicago fan i'd be more than happy with him averaging 70 points in the regular season while still being a demon on defence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad