Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
HIPPA, no HIPPA. Who gives a f***. It's not our business to know and I would hope that Toews has earned enough respect from every one of you bastards here that he doesn't need to divulge his health issues if he doesn't want to.

I'm curious about him too. But unless Toews wants any of this info released, we shouldn't be demanding answers on a f***ing internet forum. He owes us nothing; if you cant accept that, then grow up.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Regardless of people's 'right to know', it's just very surprising that nothing has leaked. In today's day and age with social media and what not where everyone is a reporter, you'd think the beans would have been spilled within 15 minutes.

I can't think of another high profile athlete that had a significant issue like this where it's a complete unknown to the larger population. Frankly, being a hockey player probably gives him that privacy. If he were a high profile football or basketball player, whatever it is would have leaked by now.

Again, not making any sort of judgment at all - just saying it's surprising that his camp, the NHL, his sponsors, the Hawks, etc. have been able to keep it under wraps in this current world we live in where high profile people can't take a piss without 4M people knowing about it on Twitter 10 minutes later.

how much does anybody know about Sidney Crosby’s life. Not much as that’s the way he wants it. Hockey does seem a bit different when a high profile player like him can be an enigma.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
HIPPA, no HIPPA. Who gives a f***. It's not our business to know and I would hope that Toews has earned enough respect from every one of you bastards here that he doesn't need to divulge his health issues if he doesn't want to.

I'm curious about him too. But unless Toews wants any of this info released, we shouldn't be demanding answers on a f***ing internet forum. He owes us nothing; if you cant accept that, then grow up.
This

Reactions: CallMeShaft

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL

Toews doesn't have to say anything if he doesn't want to, but that can't stop us from wondering what his health problem is or speculating.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Toews doesn't have to say anything if he doesn't want to, but that can't stop us from wondering what his health problem is or speculating.
No it doesn't. But you look like an asshole if you're constantly demanding answers or making baseless speculation.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Found it.

Nowhere in that interview does Bowman say he doesn't know what Toews is dealing with. They don't know timelines for his return. I can tell you right now, the organization 100% knows what he has, and what he's dealing with, they just don't know the timeline on his return.

Where the hell did this "the organization doesn't know what he has" narrative come from? Where did the organization "lie about it"?

You still wanna continue to talk semantics and stick with your bs claim? Otherwise, never too late to admit you were wrong:laugh:

Reactions: chicagoskycam

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Especially with how the Bickell situation went down and for us to only find out well after the fact that he was likely dealing with early stages of MS as his play declined, I think it should be self evident that none of us are in any position to really judge whatever physical or psychological issue any player is going through. And given Toews's track record with the team, I think you could be expected to give the benefit of the doubt to Toews that he knows his body (diet jokes aside) and mind well enough to decide if he's in a position to play or not.

We're all anxious. We all want what's best for both him and the team. That almost inherently breeds the most fertile grounds possible for speculation, and that's understandable. But let's not get at each other's throats and especially not rumormonger about some random claims on the internet.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
how much does anybody know about Sidney Crosby’s life. Not much as that’s the way he wants it. Hockey does seem a bit different when a high profile player like him can be an enigma.
Pens fan here coming in peace.

I feel for you guys right now on this Toews situation. I wasn't really aware of it until today. It does remind me of when Crosby went down with concussion symptoms for over a year and no one knew if he would ever play again. We were worried for him, and worried for the future of the team without him in the lineup. I think it's natural to want to know what's going on, but when it's a situation with no determinate recovery schedule like a normal injury, there's no useful information to provide. Fingers crossed JT makes it back 100% from this, whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->