Value of: Toews and Kane

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
I see the Hawks as likely to be down for a while, at least as long as these guys have left as prime time players.

One school of thought suggests maximizing their remaining value to the rebuild by moving them now. Another suggests their cap hits make it difficult to make the return worthwhile.

What are the chances Chicago would be interested in trading one or both and what are the likely returns?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Toews trade would include a cap dump(4-6ish) and a middle six F and some prospects/picks, Kane would get back a dump and some young good prospects with 2 1sts
Something with the Flames for Kane would work if Neal was involved, Andersson? 1st in 19, 1st/2nd 20 based on winning the cup that season?, Bennett, maybe Dube or Mani?

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I’ve seen this one before. Neither will be traded, the offers in this thread won’t good enough.

Guy Lemieux

Dec 14, 2018
Egypt
Neither will be traded.

/thread
Exactly. No way will either EVER be traded. They're the core of the marketing machine. They'll retire as Blackhawks. So will Keith and Seabrook. I can see a buyout/cap shed/retirement deal for one of either Seabrook or Keith. Those 4 are critical to the marketing machine.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I doubt you'd get back enough to make it worth it for Toews and now is a REALLY bad time to trade wingers as there are 5000 available from every which way. Theres probably a reason why it isn't talked about. It wouldn't be worth it unless either guy asked for one.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I see the Hawks as likely to be down for a while, at least as long as these guys have left as prime time players.

One school of thought suggests maximizing their remaining value to the rebuild by moving them now. Another suggests their cap hits make it difficult to make the return worthwhile.

What are the chances Chicago would be interested in trading one or both and what are the likely returns?

Hawks will be the most underrated team coming into next year.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Hawks will be the most underrated team coming into next year.

MAYBE

i agree, this offseason could be boom or bust

a lot of xfactors:
-does debrincat take another step in his third year like a lot of players, stagnate, or take a step back?
-which Toews shows up next year?
-who is our goalie next year? if crawford is done/out long term again, not sure we can lean on Delia as a full time NHL starter yet ( he was just in the ECHL a year ago)
-what draft pick are we and how NHL ready are they?
-what steps do Jokiharju, Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin take next year, if any?
-what free agents does Stan land this summer or how badly does he strike out?
-How much additional cap space does he clear by the TDL/draft day?
-what happens to larger and not needed contracts like Anisimov/Seabrook with term remaining? (dumping Manning's contract could prove to be critical in some FA signings this summer with that extra bump of cap space)
-does Strome establish himself firmly as an NHL top 6 center like the flashes he has shown already since coming to Chicago?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad