Confirmed with Link: Todd Richards hired by Nashville as assistant coach

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What do we do as a replacement? Gerard Gallant? The two did work together on the same staff during the 2016 World Cup and on Team Canada for the 2017 World Championships.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What do we do as a replacement? Gerard Gallant? The two did work together on the same staff during the 2016 World Cup and on Team Canada for the 2017 World Championships.
I don't think Gallant would take an assistant job at this point of his career.

It's a huge field to choose from. Richards was in charge of defensemen, and we like to play 7 of them, so a guy who can handle that.

Joel Bouchard with Laval had a pretty strong QMJHL record. Former d-man.

Check it. David Carle.

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
He could probably be a head coach somehwere again. Wish him the best, seemed like the stabilizing veteran presence on our coaching staff.

Reactions: Hoek and DFC

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
He just won the SC as assistant coach with Jon "Ain't-Going-Anywhere" Cooper. Perhaps he feels Hynes has a better chance of being fired. :DD

With a couple of days for it to sink in, I believe you're right. (Hindsight) - It makes sense now why he was brought here. He was "on deck" if Cooper got canned and now Coop's here thru at least the end of this contract. Now Richards is "on deck" in Nashville if Hines gets shown the door.

Not alot of opportunities elsewhere

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Sucks to see him go. Especially for a lateral move. Makes you wonder what his real motivation was or why he wanted the change of scenery. He didnt even know exactly where he'd go...so no job lined up and he just left. Seems like he wanted out for some reason.

Not sure if I buy the idea of going somewhere hoping the head coach gets fired and he can take over.

Anyway, best of luck to him but hopefully we pick up someone good and our D / Pk doesn't regress.

1 more piece of uncertainty for us...

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Sucks to see him go. Especially for a lateral move. Makes you wonder what his real motivation was or why he wanted the change of scenery. He didnt even know exactly where he'd go...so no job lined up and he just left. Seems like he wanted out for some reason.

Not sure if I buy the idea of going somewhere hoping the head coach gets fired and he can take over.

Anyway, best of luck to him but hopefully we pick up someone good and our D / Pk doesn't regress.

1 more piece of uncertainty for us...

I think at one point he was eyeing Cooper's job. Fresh off a sweep his seat was definitely warm. Then we started out a little slow and if that would have continued he would have been gone. There was a time there when a lot of coaches were being fired. Coop was next off the sweep and I think he saw it as a possible interim head coach spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad