Todd Reirden says T.J. Oshie will be out a while | No suspension for Warren Foegele

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Gotta be collar bone. With the inconsistency of dops i dont know what we will see here. He was in a vulnerable position for sure. Foegele will get a visit from Mr Wilson im assuming

Reactions: Bluesfan1

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I didn't think the hit was that bad, or predatory. Deserving of a penalty, I guess, but I've seen worse go uncalled. Oshie just seemed to get tangled up awkwardly on the way down so he couldn't protect himself. It would suck if it was a broken collarbone. That's 6 weeks.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ouch,that hurts he is a great player for them ...Going to be tough sledding without him in the top 6

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Post lots of angles of the vicious hit so people can really see how dangerous and predatory it was.

If Oshie is seriously injured then that is obviously very unfortunate and not something any team wants to see whether it’s an opponent or their own player.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Gotta be collar bone. With the inconsistency of dops i dont know what we will see here. He was in a vulnerable position for sure. Foegele will get a visit from Mr Wilson im assuming

I think arm or wrist. He actually rolled over on all fours and I can't see him doing that if it was his collarbone.

Either way he's done and Capitals fans will miss his energy and since he plays in all situations he will be impossible to replace.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think arm or wrist. He actually rolled over on all fours and I can't see him doing that if it was his collarbone.

Either way he's done and Capitals fans will miss his energy and since he plays in all situations he will be impossible to replace.

Watching it and the replays I thought he hurt his wrist. I’m sure it will just come out as upper body though

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Watching it and the replays I thought he hurt his wrist. I’m sure it will just come out as upper body though

Skating off the ice he is holding his right arm or wrist.
Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 10.41.47 PM.png

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Post lots of angles of the vicious hit so people can really see how dangerous and predatory it was.

If Oshie is seriously injured then that is obviously very unfortunate and not something any team wants to see whether it’s an opponent or their own player.

It's dirty. Subtle but dirty.

Reactions: sbhatt

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
It's dirty. Subtle but dirty.

By any metric it was a light two handed push to the lower back. A play that happens dozens of times a game without getting called. Oshie was off balance or lost an edge and went into the board awkwardly. It’s not like Foegele launches him or something. It’s a bad result to a pretty innocent play

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Crosscheck to the numbers on a guy in a vulnerable position 2 yards from the boards. Cant do that. Wouldnt be surprised if there is a suspension coming. Dangerous play.

The force of the push has to come into the context of the play though. It was very light by most standards. Oshie was off balance and lost an edge but it’s far from a malicious play. I’ll be surprised at a suspension

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
By any metric it was a light two handed push to the lower back. A play that happens dozens of times a game without getting called. Oshie was off balance or lost an edge and went into the board awkwardly. It’s not like Foegele launches him or something. It’s a bad result to a pretty innocent play
Its still a dangerous play. Crosscheck to the numbers on a guy facing the boards. Extremely dangerous if they go down in situations like that and Oshie did. Thats why you cant do it and i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a one game suspension.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I think it should have been 5 and a game. He extended his arms to push Oshie towards the boards. He knew what he was doing. Obviously didn't mean for him to get hurt like he did, but it was a dumb needless play. The officials called it roughing, which was a joke (as per usual).

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Canes lost Jordan Martinook in the 1st on a similar unfortunate crash into the boards. Bad luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad