Todd Bertuzzi DUI

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Dude go back and read my post again. I don't think you absorbed a single word of it. Doubled down? I agreed that it was irrational.

Here, I'll say it for you. THEY ARE NOT EXACTLY THE SAME. THEY ARE DIFFERENT. THEY ARE STILL BOTH BAD. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?
I'll remind you of the context that started this conversation:

Former Vancouver Canuck Todd Bertuzzi arrested for DUI: Report | Toronto Sun

Hmm... is this going to to be just another NHLer with a DUI or is he a mess? "Swerving all over the road" is way different than getting nabbed at a check stop, especially for a 46 year old man who should be beyond stupid mistakes. Makes me wonder how he's doing overall after...everything.

No. I hope that nobody in here needs to hear this, but driving drunk is unacceptable regardless of your level of inebriation. Driving drunk is a huge danger to yourself and to other motorists, whether you'd blow a .081 or a .24. Don't do it for f***'s sakes.
While I obviously agree about not drunk driving and am strict about it myself, it's a little ridiculous to compare a DUI within margin of error of legal limit to DOUBLE and TRIPLE the legal limit.

Pretty absurd actually. You can't accidentally be 2x+ the legal limit. You can, however, be closer to .08 than you realize. Especially when you consider different body types and a variety of health factors.

^ This is where you should have dropped it...but you doubled down as if anything I said was wrong....

Accidental criminal behaviour is still criminal. .08 is a danger to everyone on the road. It is perfectly reasonable to compare all levels of drunken driving as dangerous.

I struggle to care about the distinction between recklessly operating a vehicle and super duper recklessly operating a vehicle. People shouldn’t f***in do it, full stop. Being pedantic about one level or another is not a meaningful contribution and arguing that people can “get close without realizing” outside of a medical context is dangerously close to excusing reckless behaviour.

I know that you do not intend to say those things. But arguing the semantics of which criminal behaviour is worse than the other is tasteless and unhelpful.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'll remind you of the context that started this conversation:

^ This is where you should have dropped it...but you doubled down as if anything I said was wrong....

JFC :facepalm: I wrote the words you wanted to see, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME, and now you're breaking down the conversation to try and fight further. Perhaps when I wrote exactly what you wanted to see is where you should have dropped it? All of my posts are conveniently on display in your post here, where a pretty thorough examination shows that I didn't call you wrong once. I called it pedantic and unhelpful. Two hours later and a thorough haranguing later, I feel pretty confident in that assessment.

This conversation is so far off the rails it boggles my mind. I have not called you wrong once, though admittedly I have used some creative expressions to criticize your posts. I know I'm not innocent in this debacle, but I'm done here, so you get the last word. Make sure your parting shot is a zinger.

Dave Karp

Jul 11, 2007
Nova Scotia
Hope Bertuzzi gets some help for things that are troubling him. Very lucky no one was injured.

A lot of posters need to grow up or grow some empathy and understanding for others. It’s an awful look; says more about the poster than the subject.

Reactions: dick341

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Calling someone out for making a reckless decision that could have resulted in innocent people being killed doesn't mean the person doing so is pretending they have no faults.

What I wrote was the actual tagline from a MADD commercial.

They interviewed a bunch of people on the street who all claimed they never & would ever drive after drinking just like in the first couple pages of this thread. They then ended the commercial by saying "for everybody to be against drinking & driving, there sure seems to be a lot of drunk driving still happening".

I'm sure you were similarly outraged by MADD's position on this matter.

Reactions: dick341

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
No. I hope that nobody in here needs to hear this, but driving drunk is unacceptable regardless of your level of inebriation. Driving drunk is a huge danger to yourself and to other motorists, whether you'd blow a .081 or a .24. Don't do it for f***'s sakes.
Yep.
As is driving and texting. Completely sober.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
He was aPOS that should’ve never played another game after the Moore incident.

he should’ve went to prison. Hopefully he does now. F that guy.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
He proved himself to be a f***ing idiot years ago. Not surprised.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He has a regular segment with the SportsNet radio station each Tue/Wed I believe. Time for them to cut ties with him if this report is accurate.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hope Bertuzzi gets some help for things that are troubling him. Very lucky no one was injured.

A lot of posters need to grow up or grow some empathy and understanding for others. It’s an awful look; says more about the poster than the subject.

The World According to Karp.

Reactions: McTusk

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
Bertuzzi was a beast that one year in Vancouver. He was like a prime Cam Neely. It’s always awesome when you get to watch a a beast power forward in the prime of their career. It’s a shame he was never able to maintain that level.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Of course it's irrational. Here's the line from my first post that you responded to: "Driving drunk is a huge danger to yourself and to other motorists, whether you'd blow a .081 or a .24." I never said they were "exactly the same".

They are both a huge danger. Why do you need to point out that one is more dangerous when the other? It's completely besides the point. They don't have to be "exactly the same" to both be f***ing stupid and dangerous. Why do I need to qualify that some dangerous behaviour is more dangerous than other dangerous behaviour when the point is, "don't do the dangerous behaviour". I understand math and I understand physiology. There is nothing to have a rational conversation about when my sum total of contribution to the discussion is "Drunk driving is bad, don't do it". I understand that getting rebuffed is irritating, but you're trying to start a fight where there isn't one.

@ManofSteel55
.08 is basically buzzed+ and .24 is basically blacked out

hanshin44

Mar 17, 2017
Funny story, he lives next to my fiancees grandmother. Won't say where specifically, but I've met him once or twice and he seemed nice enough. I'm not that far from Auburn Hills but that is always sad to hear. Hopefully he gets the help he needs and doesn't endanger himself or others again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->