Today's Slapshot updated Blue Jackets Prospect rankings

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Thanks, interesting read.

Not sure we're going to look to flush more depth for a top line RW however. Partly because you'll have to flush Atkinson to find the cap space and then you've dumped another RW. Our RW situation isn't optimal, but I'm not sure it's a huge concern at this point either.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Close but no cigar. IMO it's

Werenski
Milano
Bjorkstrand
Rychel
toss up between Bittner and Carlsson

Wennberg by any means is no longer a prospect.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Werenski just seems like the safe pick. Do you guys see a high end offensive dman? I see a steady number 2 who can chip in some points, but wont ever put up big numbers. Hope I am wrong, really want to see the Jackets succeed.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Ollie not getting mentioned definitely is a fail, but he's definitely not #1 on the list. Top pairing D potential >>> top line wing potential. Even if Bjork is closer to getting there. Also I think Milano has a higher end the Bjorkstrand.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Werenski just seems like the safe pick. Do you guys see a high end offensive dman? I see a steady number 2 who can chip in some points, but wont ever put up big numbers. Hope I am wrong, really want to see the Jackets succeed.

He's 17 and just put up 25 points in 35 games including 9 goals... to compare he had a similar season offensively as Mike Reilly at 20. He was the 2nd highest scoring Dman in the Big-10 and tied for 1st in goals. Did I mention he's 17? Just in case I didn't, he's only 17

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
He's 17 and just put up 25 points in 35 games including 9 goals... to compare he had a similar season offensively as Mike Reilly at 20. He was the 2nd highest scoring Dman in the Big-10 and tied for 1st in goals. Did I mention he's 17? Just in case I didn't, he's only 17

I firmly believe Werenski's upside is comparable to Hanifin and Provorov, and way higher than Reilly. I see him as a hybrid between former D-partners Weber and Suter.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

Ya he did well and i hope it translates. As far as comparing him to Reilly, I think Reilly is overrated and made a mistake to sign in Minnesota. He is left handed and in no way is he getting pp time ahead of Suter or Dumba.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I firmly believe Werenski's upside is comparable to Hanifin and Provorov, and way higher than Reilly. I see him as a hybrid between former D-partners Weber and Suter.

I know I was just using Reilly as he is fresh in our mind and seen as an offensive dynamo in college hockey. When you have a 6'2" 214lb 17 year old defensive scoring 9 goals, being a plus 9 with only 8 penalty minutes (prides himself on not taking penalties) you have someone who is and really can be special

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm actually fine with the prospect ranking, assuming you've also got Bjorkstrand close.

My two quibbles are that you're reading too much into the LW vs RW issue - our guys can play either one, and you offhandedly claim that we paid a lot less for Saad than Calgary paid for Hamilton. IMO Dano and Anisimov is worth a bit more than a mid-first and 2 2nds.

But I'm crazy,
Marko Dano IMO, > Wennberg, Rychel.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'm actually fine with the prospect ranking, assuming you've also got Bjorkstrand close.

My two quibbles are that you're reading too much into the LW vs RW issue - our guys can play either one, and you offhandedly claim that we paid a lot less for Saad than Calgary paid for Hamilton. IMO Dano and Anisimov is worth a bit more than a mid-first and 2 2nds.

But I'm crazy,
Marko Dano IMO, > Wennberg, Rychel.

Ive been on the Dano wagon since the draft and been criticizing Rychel since before the draft so you have at least 1 person who agree's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad