Today's Slapshot Stars Draft Preview

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I really enjoyed the read. It's hard to say who Nill is targeting at 12. Most likely bpa. Zboril would be a nice pick, don't know if we should be taking him at 12 though. Maybe if we traded back 3-4 spots

I can't wait for this Draft! !! Hurry up!

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
State of the Dallas Stars: we picked a **** load of defense in last years draft and our depth at wing is getting scarce so we probably shouldnt pick a defenseman in the first or second round

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
State of the Dallas Stars: we picked a **** load of defense in last years draft and our depth at wing is getting scarce so we probably shouldnt pick a defenseman in the first or second round

Will anyone believe Nill if he drafts a bunch of forwards and claims they were bpa?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Will anyone believe Nill if he drafts a bunch of forwards and claims they were bpa?

Who cares? This isn't a credibility contest. I don't want somebody who can't see beyond the bpa to the needs of the organization running this team and Nill hasn't done anything to suggest he doesn't have a good draft strategy thus far.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I really enjoyed the read, too. It's hard to say who Nill is targeting at 12. I was surprised at Honka. Who knows how he thinks, BPA vs. Need, etc.

I believe he will keep the pick, because we need high end players and should get one there. Trading back for quantity won't help, but trading up with quantity for a bit more quality seems like it gives up too much in player assets.

Mostly he likes skill and speed, but who knows, maybe he figures he needs some size to balance. I know Niewy started on the speed and skill thing, but later went for size and grit. A good team does need all of it.

I can't wait for this Draft either! I will be watching the first round, and checking the smart phone for rounds 2-7.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I really enjoyed the read, too. It's hard to say who Nill is targeting at 12. I was surprised at Honka. Who knows how he thinks, BPA vs. Need, etc.

I believe he will keep the pick, because we need high end players and should get one there. Trading back for quantity won't help, but trading up with quantity for a bit more quality seems like it gives up too much in player assets.

Mostly he likes skill and speed, but who knows, maybe he figures he needs some size to balance. I know Niewy started on the speed and skill thing, but later went for size and grit. A good team does need all of it.

I can't wait for this Draft either! I will be watching the first round, and checking the smart phone for rounds 2-7.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!

When analyzing the Stars pick I really struggled between Konecny/Zboril/Meier. I would not be shocked if they traded down (Calgary and Ottawa have multiple 2nd rounders and are interested) and took Zboril after getting an added 2nd round pick.

Like you folks, I cannot wait for the draft!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad