Today I... (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
Went to stick and puck and skated for the first time at a rink since my freshman year of high school. Nice reminder of how out of shape and rusty I am at the moment.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Last game of the year, lost 8-7 with our team almost coming back from a 2 goal deficit late. Finished the year with 30pts in 18 games; not too bad but hopefully a strong off-season will help me improve.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Had back to back games this weekend. Got two points but came close to getting a lot more. Especially when one of our brain dead players went offsides on my empty net goal...

I did have a pretty sweet goal last night though, was out in front of the net and my winger flung a puck at me from the corner. I didn't really see the puck but guessed when it was coming and batted it down with the shaft of my stick. Puck bounced off the ice and behind the goalie :yo:

Our team seems to have turned a corner though. Our first 10 games, we were outscored 40 to 26 and lost 9 of those 10 games. These past 9, we have outscored the opponent 32 to 27 and won 5 of 9. Three of those losses were one-goal games too.

We're also playing better against strong opponents. Our first six games against the top teams in the division, we went 0-6 and were outscored by 16 goals. Our last five games against those opponents, we are 2-3 and have outscored them by 2 goals.

I've got 11 goals and 17 points on the year now, compared to last year at 5 goals and 11 points. So that's a step back in the right direction. Still not as good as my 19 goals and 26 points from two years ago, but what can you do.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Went to stick and puck and skated for the first time at a rink since my freshman year of high school. Nice reminder of how out of shape and rusty I am at the moment.

Where in RI is your rink? I ask because I go to URI and am not familiar with any (aside from the Boss Arena)

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Had to skip 3 games for 3 different teams over the past few days. I was away getting married.

Weakest team got smashed to pieces. Our only goal was scored by our usual goalie who played forward for this game. He lacks a lot of skill and skating ability, but he's smart IQ-wise. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he's scored our lone goal in a drubbing. I've not been at any of those games. For these guys, the team's success basically depends on me making it happen.

Mid-level team won and earned 1st seed for playoffs starting in the next week or two. Beat the team we hate, glad to see it!

High-level team had a good day and beat the 1st seed in a shootout. Half our team was missing but we had enough subs to come out and thankfully it all went well. Seeding was already finalized for playoffs as of last week but it's nice to have beaten them anyway. It was their 2nd loss out of the 12-game season.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Well, on Sunday I had my last game of the season, and I was terrible on D. We won 8-7, but I was handling the puck like Mark Fistric out there. No points for me, so just an off game, I guess.

Anyways, I had an okay season for not playing for 3 years. 16 points in 18 GP, and I really improved towards the end of the season with 8 points in my last 4 games. After a good offseason in the gym and working on my skills I think I'll be ready to go for full contact next season.

MattGTI

Dec 4, 2010
Milford
Where in RI is your rink? I ask because I go to URI and am not familiar with any (aside from the Boss Arena)

I am not sure about down there. However, there are a lot of great little rinks in the areas from Providence, north to the MA border.

Jisatsu

May 17, 2013
Had my 6th ice time in 3 days today (well yesterday technically, I work nights so it still feels like Tuesday to me). Did great on my Sunday invite only game, was dead tired and had no sleep for my Monday night game, missed a couple easy shots and tried to get too fancy with the passing in front of the other teams net. I also got checked from behind when I was crashing down the wing, took a pretty bad spill. My thumb nail got caught in my glove and ripped back, so I had to go tape it back down after that shift. Tons of fun playing afterwards. Anyways last game of the season and we ended up losing, so if second place team wins Thursday night we move to second place. No big deal because we still play that team in the first round of the play offs. I'm looking forward to finishing up this season and getting back to my summer training routine.

Next update will be the 25th or 26th where I attempt to find a mako II in either 75 or 85 flex locally with an E28 curve.

Twrekx

Mar 17, 2014
Calgary
I completed my second day of off-ice training at home. Only 6 months until the start of my first season since I played peewee some 30 years ago.

MattGTI

Dec 4, 2010
Milford
was a -3(ouch) in a 3-1 loss. The goals weren't really a result of my defensive partner and I playing poorly, but it was still a -3 nonetheless. I take it personally when the other team scores when I am out there. I hate it.

Heres to next week, and getting back on track.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
We were down by 2 with under 2 mins to go... I scored to make it 4-3, then setup a team mate to make it 4-4 with 9 second left.

In OT I made the dumbest play in a while... Blind behind the back pass from the wall to my dman. The pass was too soft and got picked off, the guy chipped it by the dman and scored on a breakaway.

This happened 2 days ago and I'm still kicking myself. Live and learn I guess...

SillyMe

Jan 10, 2014
Ma.
I completed my second day of off-ice training at home. Only 6 months until the start of my first season since I played peewee some 30 years ago.
Have fun, I hadn't played since peewees myself (37 yrs ago) until just recently.
Can't believe I stopped playing for that long, and man am I out of shape!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Won the playoffs semi-final game 3-0. I scored the game winning goal, on a 2 on 1. I snapped it far side between the glove and the pads as I was streaking up the left wing (I'm a righty). I was responsible defensively for the rest of the game.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Low div. team won in a shootout (our first SO win), and other team won 5-1 despite playing sloppy as hell by our standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->