To all those Schremp doubters

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
Til the End of Time said:
This is sort of off topic, but relates to Schremp.

A new teammate on my college ice hockey team and I were talking about the lockout and stuff a few days ago. We then discussed Crosby, and what it would be like to play with him. My teammate then asked me if I had heard of Robbie Schremp, and I simply responded yes. He then proceeded to tell me what a "psycho" he was. Apparently the two of them had player against each other in Syracuse in PeeWee's. Obviously this was awhile ago, and Schremp was the best player by far, but also a headcase. In one game, Schremp's team was killing my friend's team, like 10-0, but when the team finally scored their first goal, Schremp went nuts.

Now, I am not simply trying to bash Schremp, as I think he was the third most talented player in the draft. I have no ill will towards him. But I just thought it was interesting that a person would go to such great lengths telling how Schremp was a headcase without me even asking about it, and I wanted to share my story. They played together awhile ago, and Schremp easily could have changed his tune my now.

Take it for what it's worth.

I had a couple first hand experiences with schremp on both draft days. And like you said nobody is doubting that the kid can play and has great skills. But he definately has issues. Issues alot of teams were willing to draft someone else not to deal with them.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Hemsky83 said:
Nope. It was Perry and a 1st for Comrie and a 3rd. Comrie alone should be worth that and then the Oilers should have thrown in a draft pick on top of that. I'm glad Lowe backed down. Fans would have crucified Lowe more than they did after he didn't sign Nedved.

Serious? It's Perry and Smid, minus a third rounder, against Schremp and Woywitka, plus a third rounder, and you think that it's a huge difference? IMO, Perry will be better than Schremp(not by a whole lot, but on the pace Perry is improving his skating and strength, he looks to be very, very good), and Smid will be a fair bit better than Woywitka. I'd say Bryan Murray was very lucky Lowe wanted $2.5 million added onto that, or else many people would've been mad with him. Or the season would've been saved. Either way, Anaheim would be missing two huge future components.

Do you want Lowe to receive death threats or something? Perry who hasn't proven anything and you want to give up 3 NHLers. I'm glad your not the GM of the Oilers. I wouldn't even give up Pisani or Izzy for Perry and you have the nerve to suggest all three for a prospect who hasn't played a single game in the NHL.

Ouch. Izzy and Pisani aren't that good at all, while Perry looks to be a very good second liner, possibly even a good first. While you can argue that he's just a prospect, would you trade any of those guys for Ovechkin or Crosby? While Perry's not on their level, it's still the same thing as none of them have played a single NHL game.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
chriss_co is right.

Nobody doubts Schremp is going to score a lot of goals in major junior. It would not surprise me in the least to see him score 50 goals in the OHl this year. The true test will be the pros for Schremp. If he can play well in the NHL or even the AHL , then we can start talking about a potential 1st line centreman.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Hercules Rockefeller said:
Serious? It's Perry and Smid, minus a third rounder, against Schremp and Woywitka, plus a third rounder, and you think that it's a huge difference? IMO, Perry will be better than Schremp(not by a whole lot, but on the pace Perry is improving his skating and strength, he looks to be very, very good), and Smid will be a fair bit better than Woywitka. I'd say Bryan Murray was very lucky Lowe wanted $2.5 million added onto that, or else many people would've been mad with him. Or the season would've been saved. Either way, Anaheim would be missing two huge future components.

Ouch. Izzy and Pisani aren't that good at all, while Perry looks to be a very good second liner, possibly even a good first. While you can argue that he's just a prospect, would you trade any of those guys for Ovechkin or Crosby? While Perry's not on their level, it's still the same thing as none of them have played a single NHL game.

perry will not be better then schremp for sure. I prefer the deal we got with philly. Also i don't see perry becoming to much better then dvorak so y trade dvorak pisani and isbister for perry makes no sense

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The only reason WHY you would take the deal from Philadelphia is because of Schremp, who dropped. But what if Schremp wasn't there...

Would you have taken...

Jeff Schultz and Jeff Woywitka?

Or Mark Fistric?

Mike Green?

Andy Rogers?

Johannes Salmonnes?

David Bolland?

The luck is Schremp dropped and Schremp isn't a sure thing in the NHL. Perry isn't either but there must have been something that Anaheim liked in the guy to trade two draft picks to nab him...

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
db23 said:
Greg Stewart, Montreal's 8th round pick had his team's only 2 goals opening night. Does that mean the 245 picks ahead of him in the draft were mistakes?

No you fool, I was making my point about the TYPE of goals he scored. This kid has a rocket of a shot!!! Not to mention all the dangles he pulled on the ice, which he won't be able to do in the NHL but man is this kid talented.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Lehtonen32 said:
2 of his points were on the powerplay..

Whats your point? PP points are just as important are they not??? a goal is a goal .....and he's going to contribute to a hell of a lot of them this year.... 5 points in 2 games soo far... i'm betting he'll get 110pts like Perry did last year.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
[
The luck is Schremp dropped and Schremp isn't a sure thing in the NHL. Perry isn't either but there must have been something that Anaheim liked in the guy to trade two draft picks to nab him...[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%..... its hard to tell who will be better in the NHL b/n Perry and Schremp.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Serious? It's Perry and Smid, minus a third rounder, against Schremp and Woywitka, plus a third rounder, and you think that it's a huge difference?
It wasn't Perry and Smid though... it was Perry and a first rounder. As many have already mentioned in other threads, who knows where Anaheim could have finished if Comrie had of been injected into the lineup. Granted he didn't play great with Philly/Phoenix but one one can assume he would have had some affect on Anaheim's play last season. I liked the deal at the time and I still like it today. I like it more because Schremp fell that far but I'm a big fan of Woywitka and a third rounder in a deep draft is nice as well.

Ouch. Izzy and Pisani aren't that good at all, while Perry looks to be a very good second liner, possibly even a good first.
What makes you say that Pisani isn't a good player. He managed to put up 16 goals with very little PP time last season and he's an excellent 5on5 player (see Igor's stats). He also finished a very respectable +14 with the Oilers last season. Granted those are world-destroying numbers but he's rounded into a very effective player and he has one of the best shots on the Oilers. I'll give you Isbister (I still feel he will end up a 20 goal scorer with the Oilers... ;) ) but your statement definitely didn't give Pisani the justice he deserves.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
SerbianEagle said:
So he gets upset because his team conceded a goal.

Edmonton wants a player like that.

He's not tooo happy when he misses on a goal either, after a power play against the Flames Rookies with 2mins+ left Schremp felt he should of scored but was robbed by a very good Krahn. I'm not sure if theres much to read into this but its been a while since the Oilers had a guy who really took accountability as being the go to guy... esp on the the pp.

GXL

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
trahans99 said:
Whats your point? PP points are just as important are they not??? a goal is a goal .....and he's going to contribute to a hell of a lot of them this year.... 5 points in 2 games soo far... i'm betting he'll get 110pts like Perry did last year.

I think the point is....you don't get a + for points on the pp, thus his misleading +/- statistic, which would make the casual observer think 4 goals were scored when he was on the ice :).

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
trahans99 said:

I was replying to the post before mine.. Perhaps you should read through things before throwing a hissy fit next time. :loony:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->