Ticket/Attendance Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Okay - I didn't take any screen shots, but my gut tells me the relocation program was a big success. I suspect many 300 level seat holders moved down, as there was quite the scarcity in the lower bowl as of 10:05 am as per below:

1 ticket in 111
5 tickets in 112
1 ticket in 112
1 ticket in 115
2 tickets in 117
8 tickets in 118
10 tickets in 120
5 tickets in 121
1 ticket in 223
2 tickets in 103
38 tickets in 104
4 tickets in 105

If I didn't mention the section, there was 0 availability and I wasn't able to click on it. I ended up grabbing a pair in the 300 level for a friend and I. There was plenty available in the 300 level.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Anyone else not too enthused about being invoiced for next season with all the uncertainty of what the venue will look like? limited fans or full capacity? Kids under 12 or no kids under 12? Masks or no masks? Vaccinated or unvaccinated? I find it a little short on answers to be asking for my money.

I guess I will email whoever turns out to be my rep when I get invoiced on Thursday.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
Anyone else not too enthused about being invoiced for next season with all the uncertainty of what the venue will look like? limited fans or full capacity? Kids under 12 or no kids under 12? Masks or no masks? Vaccinated or unvaccinated? I find it a little short on answers to be asking for my money.

I guess I will email whoever turns out to be my rep when I get invoiced on Thursday.

I loved their BS thank you season ticket holders who are the cornerstone of our franchise. So last season you told me we wouldn't be on the hook for exhibition games which are worthless. But here we are again.

I'm so done with the Jets and being a holder. This is my last year and I can say they don't appreciate squat. Give us your money for a season where we have no idea what it will look like, if kids can come, if you need to be vaccinated, how many can attend or anything else is figured out.

Reactions: Monty9 and blues10

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

I'm kind of in a mixed-bag for this. I fully understand the Jets not having much in the way of answers because they will be getting their mandate / rules from the province. And seeing how the province does things in a general sense ( not just for covid ) if I was a betting man, I would say that TNSE will not be getting the direction they need from the province until the last minute. Anything could happen in the next 3 months that could change any rules that TNSE were to publish at this time... so I kind of get them not having answers.

As for the money... how much time before the season would start does TNSE need to start taking payments? No idea, but it's probably not much... so yeah, maybe they could wait until September.

idontknow

Jul 16, 2011
I am still waiting for my $2000 back. Anyone get their cheque or PAP if decided not to extend contact?

Person who called me wanted to see if they could keep it for future games. Um no.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I'm kind of in a mixed-bag for this. I fully understand the Jets not having much in the way of answers because they will be getting their mandate / rules from the province. And seeing how the province does things in a general sense ( not just for covid ) if I was a betting man, I would say that TNSE will not be getting the direction they need from the province until the last minute. Anything could happen in the next 3 months that could change any rules that TNSE were to publish at this time... so I kind of get them not having answers.

As for the money... how much time before the season would start does TNSE need to start taking payments? No idea, but it's probably not much... so yeah, maybe they could wait until September.

So 100% this.

We have no clue what next week will bring, let alone next month or 3 months down the road.

Best to just plan for best case scenario and they will need to be nimble and adjust as the pathways to success will change direction multiple times. That will be the real challenge I think?

Reactions: cbcwpg

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
So 100% this.

We have no clue what next week will bring, let alone next month or 3 months down the road.

Best to just plan for best case scenario and they will need to be nimble and adjust as the pathways to success will change direction multiple times. That will be the real challenge I think?

I feel the same way. I think a lot of people choose the payment plan options so the longer you wait, the more condensed the payments get for those people and so you're not really doing them favours by pushing it back.

We know they'll be a season starting in the fall and I think you have to use the U.S. as the model of what that hopefully looks like, and assume you'll be allowed full capacity. If you limit entrance based on vaccination status like the Bombers are, likely depends on what the Health orders are. If you have limited capacity you probably hope that there are enough people that don't want their tickets that you can satisfy the demand of those that do. Otherwise you have to set up a lottery.

On the flip side, there likely will be a lot of people that are gun shy about large crowds, people that will only go if they limit it to vaccinated people only and people that will only go if they allow unvaccinated people to attend. How do you deal with those situations? I assume tell those people to sell the seats off themselves if they don't want to go. Hopefully they'll be pent up demand to go since everyone has been stuck at home for so long. I know I can't wait to get to games again.

It's tough for them to make a call right now and I think they've waited probably as long as they can to start collecting season ticket money for next year. Usually they start asking for it in March/April I believe.

Reactions: cbcwpg and Cypruss

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
With the Bomber attendance announcement I think it is pretty clear that the mandate will be the same for Jets home games.
We can expect full stands of fully vaccinated crazy people that have been cooped up for 1.5 years.

Monty9

Jul 5, 2021
With the Bomber attendance announcement I think it is pretty clear that the mandate will be the same for Jets home games.
We can expect full stands of fully vaccinated crazy people that have been cooped up for 1.5 years.
I don’t expect full stands at all. Regular season has had huge swaths of seats for seasons.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

If the requirement is being fully vaccinated they sure as hell better refund monies taken from folks who are not. I’m fully vaccinated but you can’t be forcing vaccinations on people as a requirement of attendance without letting them know before taking their money.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
If the requirement is being fully vaccinated they sure as hell better refund monies taken from folks who are not. I’m fully vaccinated but you can’t be forcing vaccinations on people as a requirement of attendance without letting them know before taking their money.
This is a bit of a concern for me managing a group. Most in the group are 50+ but even then I'm not sure that all are going to be vaccinated. I recognize ultimately that's my problem to deal with but if I were of a mind (or more importantly medical situation) where I wasn't vaccinated and they were telling me I was still on the hook, I think we'd be having a discussion about legal ramifications. That's a change to the contract that wasn't present previously so I'd expect a half decent lawyer could dance circles around that contention.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Sadly, covid has likely created a "second honeymoon" phase here. Even without vax requirements, I expect so many people want to feel like things have returned to normal that they will flock to anything and everything. Kurt Cobain's classic lyrics couldn't seem more prophetic.

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us

This has certainly brought True North some breathing room to deal with years of customer disappreciation. Without covid, the long promoted belief that demand exceeds supply would have been quickly dispelled as myth.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This is a bit of a concern for me managing a group. Most in the group are 50+ but even then I'm not sure that all are going to be vaccinated. I recognize ultimately that's my problem to deal with but if I were of a mind (or more importantly medical situation) where I wasn't vaccinated and they were telling me I was still on the hook, I think we'd be having a discussion about legal ramifications. That's a change to the contract that wasn't present previously so I'd expect a half decent lawyer could dance circles around that contention.
We are going to be living in a world where people will need to be fully vaccinated and then likely get yearly booster shots if the want to go into crowded indoor venues. The risk of super spreader events and the potential loss of life is too great not to do so. We are living in a different world and people will have to adapt. I do see your point being the manager of a group and having to deal with this, but I'm guessing TNSE has language around preventing entrance if it presents a health and safety risk to yourself or others. Every organization does, so it would be super shocking if they didn't.

Reactions: SLAYER

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We are going to be living in a world where people will need to be fully vaccinated and then likely get yearly booster shots if the want to go into crowded indoor venues. The risk of super spreader events and the potential loss of life is too great not to do so. We are living in a different world and people will have to adapt. I do see your point being the manager of a group and having to deal with this, but I'm guessing TNSE has language around preventing entrance if it presents a health and safety risk to yourself or others. Every organization does, so it would be super shocking if they didn't.

Also it is not like it would be a TNSE mandate but a government one. It would likely have to go through the Human Rights Courts and not Civil Court.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
From your ticket agreement:

Force Majeure. If an occurrence beyond the Team’s control, including any act of God, labour disruption, lockout and/or strike, riot, insurrection, civil disturbance, threat or act of terrorism or similar act, event of overriding public importance, sabotage, embargo, blockade, act of war, act of any governmental or regulatory body (whether civil or military, domestic or foreign), governmental regulation imposed after the fact, regional power failure, fire, explosion, weather, flood, accident, epidemic, pandemic or other outbreaks of disease or illness, earthquake or other natural or manmade disaster, or any other occurrence similar to the foregoing or any decision made by the Team which is deemed to be in the public interest (each a “Force Majeure”), renders the continued operation of all or a portion of the Home Games or any of the obligations of the Team hereunder during the Term, in the Team’s sole and absolute discretion, impossible, unsafe or impracticable, the Team shall not be deemed to be in default of its obligations hereunder and the Team will have the right, in its discretion, to postpone or cancel all or a portion of the Home Games, play without fans in attendance, play with limited fans in attendance, play in a “bubble” or “hub” setting, or some other alternate solution that the Team and/or the NHL deems reasonable in the circumstances, for all or a portion of the Home Games, all without liability (financial or otherwise). Upon the occurrence of any such Force Majeure, the Team, in its sole discretion, shall have the ability to impose any remedy it deems reasonable in the circumstances, which may include but not be limited to, an extension of this Agreement for a period reasonable in view of the duration and consequences of the Force Majeure

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
From your ticket agreement:

Force Majeure. If an occurrence beyond the Team’s control, including any act of God, labour disruption, lockout and/or strike, riot, insurrection, civil disturbance, threat or act of terrorism or similar act, event of overriding public importance, sabotage, embargo, blockade, act of war, act of any governmental or regulatory body (whether civil or military, domestic or foreign), governmental regulation imposed after the fact, regional power failure, fire, explosion, weather, flood, accident, epidemic, pandemic or other outbreaks of disease or illness, earthquake or other natural or manmade disaster, or any other occurrence similar to the foregoing or any decision made by the Team which is deemed to be in the public interest (each a “Force Majeure”), renders the continued operation of all or a portion of the Home Games or any of the obligations of the Team hereunder during the Term, in the Team’s sole and absolute discretion, impossible, unsafe or impracticable, the Team shall not be deemed to be in default of its obligations hereunder and the Team will have the right, in its discretion, to postpone or cancel all or a portion of the Home Games, play without fans in attendance, play with limited fans in attendance, play in a “bubble” or “hub” setting, or some other alternate solution that the Team and/or the NHL deems reasonable in the circumstances, for all or a portion of the Home Games, all without liability (financial or otherwise). Upon the occurrence of any such Force Majeure, the Team, in its sole discretion, shall have the ability to impose any remedy it deems reasonable in the circumstances, which may include but not be limited to, an extension of this Agreement for a period reasonable in view of the duration and consequences of the Force Majeure

The force majeure clause has been pointed out before. We know they have the legal right to enforce the TPA's to the max. I'll just say, actions have consequences. They had better use their sole discretion to find remedies that not only they deem reasonable, but their fanbase at large deems reasonable. It's been a long time since a court of law was the deciding factor. The court of public opinion, what people are saying on social media, that's what counts the most these days. We've already seen evidence that fan support is dwindling. For now, the loss of fans is a slow leak. Get enough people worked up, and...

tenor.gif

Reactions: blues10 and cbcwpg

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The force majeure clause has been pointed out before. We know they have the legal right to enforce the TPA's to the max. I'll just say, actions have consequences. They had better use their sole discretion to find remedies that not only they deem reasonable, but their fanbase at large deems reasonable. It's been a long time since a court of law was the deciding factor. The court of public opinion, what people are saying on social media, that's what counts the most these days. We've already seen evidence that fan support is dwindling. For now, the loss of fans is a slow leak. Get enough people worked up, and...

tenor.gif
And that would work out pretty well for Chipman. He has to be the only owner in the world that would choose to have his professional team in Winnipeg. If he was forced to move to someplace like Houston the value of the franchise probably doubles over night. It also be able to attract top end UFAs and have a much better shot at the cup.

Reactions: SCP Guy

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

tenor.gif
They don't need force majeure - they could just make it a condition of entry:

9. Policies, Procedures, Terms and Conditions. The Primary Account Holder or a Bearer in possession of or using any Ticket(s),
shall be subject to, and shall abide by, all policies, procedures, terms and conditions as published from time to time and as set
forth by the Team, the MTS Centre, and/or the NHL, each of whom reserve the right to change such policies, procedures, terms
and conditions at any time and for any reason without notice.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
And that would work out pretty well for Chipman. He has to be the only owner in the world that would choose to have his professional team in Winnipeg. If he was forced to move to someplace like Houston the value of the franchise probably doubles over night. It also be able to attract top end UFAs and have a much better shot at the cup.
Yes, we're very lucky that Saint Chipman is here to run this money losing operation for the citizens of Winnipeg out of the kindness of his heart. #blessed

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
1/4 season tickets now available. They had trouble selling out 2 years ago I don't see them selling out every game even if all Covid restrictions are gone

Reactions: Monty9

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yes, we're very lucky that Saint Chipman is here to run this money losing operation for the citizens of Winnipeg out of the kindness of his heart. #blessed
I don't know if I'd call him a saint, but I'm sure many other owners wonder why he would want to operate a professional sports team in Winnipeg when there are better and more profitable markets where he could relocate the team. I don't imagine the NHL would mind moving the franchise from a small Canadian city to a large American market if Chipman asked to do so. I'm also curious why random angry fans believe they have the power in this situation? There have been 61 franchise moves of teams among the 4 major sports leagues in NA since 1902. A little more than once ever 2 years. Almost all moves were over money in some way, shape or form.

There are currently 124 professional sports teams in NA. Where do you think the Jets will sit on the next most likely to relocate list if fans stop going to games?

Reactions: JetsNut

PierFrontMarina

Jul 15, 2021
I don't know if I'd call him a saint, but I'm sure many other owners wonder why he would want to operate a professional sports team in Winnipeg when there are better and more profitable markets where he could relocate the team. I don't imagine the NHL would mind moving the franchise from a small Canadian city to a large American market if Chipman asked to do so. I'm also curious why random angry fans believe they have the power in this situation? There have been 61 franchise moves of teams among the 4 major sports leagues in NA since 1902. A little more than once ever 2 years. Almost all moves were over money in some way, shape or form.

There are currently 124 professional sports teams in NA. Where do you think the Jets will sit on the next most likely to relocate list if fans stop going to games?

The Jets Chipman got a great deal in 2011 and though he isn't the sole owner of the team and likely owns less than 10% of the actual team - Thomson is the real owner. Lets look at it this..... There isn't 1 actual market these owners could move the Jets and have it better.

In fact I agree with many Jets fans who are upset with how things are going. I do not understand how majority of fans just sit back and take it as it comes from ownership and the team just because... The most successful franchises in sports have media and fans that push them hard every single day. Doesn't seem this is happening in Winnipeg.

I have followed Winnipeg closely and have attended games. You have a serious ownership problem how they operate the team. How they treat the fans. And how they manage the team as the WINNIPEG JETS. They gouge you fans and literally get nothing in return. The arena atmosphere is quite dull. The people that work at TNSE are quite dull. Lets be honest. All the great treats Jets fans have as fans come from the original Jets. An outstanding logo (original Jets) The name (original) The chant (original) The white out (original)

WHAT HAS TNSE done really for you?

And now you lack sports media to really push them. Not a good time to be a sports fan in Winnipeg. At least you have the Blue Bombers.

Reactions: robertocarlos

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
The Jets Chipman got a great deal in 2011 and though he isn't the sole owner of the team and likely owns less than 10% of the actual team - Thomson is the real owner. Lets look at it this..... There isn't 1 actual market these owners could move the Jets and have it better.

In fact I agree with many Jets fans who are upset with how things are going. I do not understand how majority of fans just sit back and take it as it comes from ownership and the team just because... The most successful franchises in sports have media and fans that push them hard every single day. Doesn't seem this is happening in Winnipeg.

I have followed Winnipeg closely and have attended games. You have a serious ownership problem how they operate the team. How they treat the fans. And how they manage the team as the WINNIPEG JETS. They gouge you fans and literally get nothing in return. The arena atmosphere is quite dull. The people that work at TNSE are quite dull. Lets be honest. All the great treats Jets fans have as fans come from the original Jets. An outstanding logo (original Jets) The name (original) The chant (original) The white out (original)

WHAT HAS TNSE done really for you?

And now you lack sports media to really push them. Not a good time to be a sports fan in Winnipeg. At least you have the Blue Bombers.
Sure they’re had been some complacency on the part of TNSE at times. However to say we have an ownership problem is way off base. This is a solid ownership group that has a sound business model in place. They are dedicated to this community and do great things.

PierFrontMarina

Jul 15, 2021
Sure they’re had been some complacency on the part of TNSE at times. However to say we have an ownership problem is way off base. This is a solid ownership group that has a sound business model in place. They are dedicated to this community and do great things.

Probably your minor league baseball team is dedicated to the community and do great things.

I just hate to see it unfold how I think it will unfold. Winnipeg is a real sports town and the owners need to bend over backwards for the fans. They didn't from day 1. I have heard horrible things from TNSE staff. Is your Chipman partner guy who is a Winnipeger hands on? nope. he should be in many areas.

When I went to a jets home game i was shocked how bad the atmosphere was. It felt like i was at a portland winterhawks game or a AHL game. Organ was awful. They entertain the fans? no powerful rituals or traditions inside the arena like other venues. Yes, I hate the current logo/jersey and wish they went back to the original but I can let it slide. However the reason for them not using the good old Jets logos first is a bit dumb.

I've been to games in carolina, nashville, chicago, los angeles, montreal, new york islanders/rangers, boston bruins.... WOW that is a nhl atmosphere. I honestly wouldn't waste my time making the trip to Winnipeg for a game except for a playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad