Ticket/Attendance Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
The Jets Chipman got a great deal in 2011 and though he isn't the sole owner of the team and likely owns less than 10% of the actual team - Thomson is the real owner. Lets look at it this..... There isn't 1 actual market these owners could move the Jets and have it better.

This is factually incorrect, and appears to be a troll post. Chipman family interests own 50% of TNSE and Thomson family interests own 50% of TNSE

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Probably your minor league baseball team is dedicated to the community and do great things.

I just hate to see it unfold how I think it will unfold. Winnipeg is a real sports town and the owners need to bend over backwards for the fans. They didn't from day 1. I have heard horrible things from TNSE staff. Is your Chipman partner guy who is a Winnipeger hands on? nope. he should be in many areas.

When I went to a jets home game i was shocked how bad the atmosphere was. It felt like i was at a portland winterhawks game or a AHL game. Organ was awful. They entertain the fans? no powerful rituals or traditions inside the arena like other venues. Yes, I hate the current logo/jersey and wish they went back to the original but I can let it slide. However the reason for them not using the good old Jets logos first is a bit dumb.

I've been to games in carolina, nashville, chicago, los angeles, montreal, new york islanders/rangers, boston bruins.... WOW that is a nhl atmosphere. I honestly wouldn't waste my time making the trip to Winnipeg for a game except for a playoff game.
Winnipeg is a hockey city with hockey loving fans and smart fans, we don't need goofy gimmicks to go to a Jets game and enjoy the actual game on the ice. I've been to lots of games in other city's and they were dead, LA , Minneapolis, Colorado, Toronto ect . You seem to just want to stir shit up , what some people get out of doing this i'll never know.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Any other STH not get the brief survey in the last week? As par for the course my ticket rep says no survey was sent out, yet fellow season ticket holders I know all got it.

You must have said some awfully critical things in previous surveys. :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
has TNSE released anything regarding vaccinated attendees ?
No, not at this point.

Reading into the survey that I received I think you can expect that it will require full vaccination. I base that off the way they asked the questions, which unfortunately I didn't copy. It's subjective opinion. To be honest I expect you'll need that and require a mask as well, at least for this season.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
has TNSE released anything regarding vaccinated attendees ?

According to what I read in the WFP today...

From the province.....professional sports will be limited to fully vaccinated only effective Aug 7

Things could change again before the season starts, I guess, but I doubt it.

So the "survey" the Jets put out really doesn't mean anything if the gov't has more / higher restrictions than the people being surveyed want.

Reactions: buggs

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Our new Quarter Season Plans are on sale now!
Be a part of the Jets family live and in person as we look forward to a full Canada Life Centre for the 2021-22 season. Pick from four (4) themed Quarter Season Seat plans for the 2021-22 season. Affordable 300 Level seating for preseason and regular season games, designed to fit best with your schedule.
Quarter Season plan holders receive great benefits such as savings off individual games tickets, a discount on Jets Gear and TrueNorthShop.com purchases, Stanley Cup Playoff package opportunity, and more!

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Just received a super short survey from TNSE on "safety".

Asked you to rate on four choices: mandatory proof of vaccination for entry (mandatory mask wearing for under 12); mandatory wearing of masks; increase in hand sanitization stations; cashless payment.

I think you can figure out what the requirements will be from that fairly easily.
Hand sanitizers and cashless payments are pretty much just "doing stuff to look like we're being safe". Vaccinations are the only real safety measure. Masks might be useful in mitigating some of the spread, but being in the same indoor airspace as 15,000 other people cheering for 2 or 3 hours isn't the ideal situation for effective mask use.

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
So if you're unvaccinated, does that mean you're still on the hook for paying for season tickets? Or will you get your money back?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Good. I'm sure the "freedumb" lovers will start complaining about this policy in 3-2-1...
It's funny, I guess maybe you'd call me that. But at the same time, I can guarantee you that I have a better understanding of both human immunology and the mRNA vaccine than you do.

FWIW, it would be more constructive if you'd approach people who disagree with you with an "I disagree with the decision you made but I'd like to understand your reasoning" approach vs belittling them and demeaning them - especially if they're more qualified and knowledgeable than you are. You might end up loking stupid when all you have to say is "yeah, but the experts say...."

As for the topic at hand, I'll let you guys know what happens to people like me who have been season ticket holders since day 1 who won't go along with this. TNSE is excluding at least 20% of their customer base, so we'll see how long it's sustainable for. Let's face it, the honeymoon has been over for a while and they were having problems filling the place pre-pandemic. Good luck on a frigid February Tuesday night vs a shit opponent.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
It's funny, I guess maybe you'd call me that. But at the same time, I can guarantee you that I have a better understanding of both human immunology and the mRNA vaccine than you do.

FWIW, it would be more constructive if you'd approach people who disagree with you with an "I disagree with the decision you made but I'd like to understand your reasoning" approach vs belittling them and demeaning them - especially if they're more qualified and knowledgeable than you are. You might end up loking stupid when all you have to say is "yeah, but the experts say...."

As for the topic at hand, I'll let you guys know what happens to people like me who have been season ticket holders since day 1 who won't go along with this. TNSE is excluding at least 20% of their customer base, so we'll see how long it's sustainable for. Let's face it, the honeymoon has been over for a while and they were having problems filling the place pre-pandemic. Good luck on a frigid February Tuesday night vs a shit opponent.
Thanks for proving my point. Also, not good to make blind assumptions about the knowledge level of a stranger. I’m not going to engage in a debate about this with you or anyone else. Life is too short as it is. This was the correct decision by True North and good on them for having the balls to do so. Take care!

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

how about you show your work rather then saying you have more knowledge on the subject. or maybe you can't because facebook post's aren't allowed

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I really think having to be vaccinated is the way Sporting events, concerts ect is going to be the norm now. Just wondering why you don't want to get vaccinated ? Not trying to cause a argument just wondering.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
So if you're unvaccinated, does that mean you're still on the hook for paying for season tickets? Or will you get your money back?
Legally speaking, yes, they'd still be on the hook because the TPA includes a clause that states that you agree to abide by the conditions set by the team, and they can change those conditions at any time, for any reason, without notice.

Someone demanding their money back or to get out of their TPA because the team now requires everyone who enters to be fully vaccinated is on the same legal footing as someone demanding their money back because they're not allowed to go out for a smoke between periods anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad