TNSE Efforts to Acquire an NHL Team Part X: Status... Complete???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Don't expect as much participation in this thread from Winnipeg fans as the day wears on; we are now officially otherwise occupied for the balance of the day & evening.

The police have even said they'd ignore the open container laws today at the party at The Forks, as long as one does not openly flaunt it. The party starts now.

:D

UPDATE: We may need to fly in additional beer supply.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
Well, if they were claiming they knew it all along because of insider info, then yeah, probably BS. But you're forgetting that Strachen was onto this thing two years ago, was he not? This isn't some secret that came out of left field.

Speaking as a jetsowner member, I always thought it would be Phoenix returning, but nobody could have predicted the stubborness of the parties there to keep losing money. But I am happy to be wrong, as Atlanta is just as dreadful (financially) and the league will be much better without a perennial money-loser there, too.

Unrelated but, is your username from a Song of Ice and Fire? Stannis lost, man. :laugh:

Puckschmuck*

Free breakfast sandwiches at Subway and a return of the NHL to Winnipeg = best day ever.

Throw in the U2 concert tomorrow and that makes it the best week ever!

Lux Aurumque*

Er, sorry to rain on yer parade (figuratively not literally) but the concert was 2 days ago....:cry:
It's tomorrow in Edmonton :)

I'm going to the show. I'm a long-time Canadian Thrashers fan, so I'm overjoyed by this move. I may have a new job that pays a lot more than my current job, and I just got back from vacation. Damn, life is good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad