TNA Trying To Bring In Goldberg

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from today's pwinsider.com:

Bill Goldberg: I just got contacted by TNA a couple of days ago. I don’t know. They want to promote the movie since one of my adversaries in the film is Bram (Thomas Latimer), who works for them. I’m greatly appreciative they want to help the movie out. Now at the end of the day, promoting the movie is one thing, but getting a guy like Goldberg in your wrestling organization is a completely different story. We’ll see.

I just love pompous people referring to themselves in the 3rd person. BostonBob hates that. :laugh:

Oct 18, 2011
TNA just doesn't get it, it doesn't matter who they bring in unless it's CM Punk or John Cena, neither of which is happening

Oct 18, 2011
I think they will make it, they always find a way, they just squander opportunities and have NO brand identity. Bringing in Goldberg might slightly increase viewership for a week but he hasn't wrestled in over 10 years, they had a chance to do something special especially after they got 60,000 buys for that Joe/Angle MMA hybrid match and they just blew it.

Paul Heyman's vision for TNA was so spot on, but Dixie was too stupid or ignorant to the biz to see it

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I think they will make it, they always find a way, they just squander opportunities and have NO brand identity.

BostonBob says that moving to WGN would really help their cause. I've never even heard of POP but WGN is still considered a Superstaion and would be available to just about everybody.

from today's pwinsider.com:

TNA President Dixie Carter noted on her Instagram yesterday morning that she was flying to Los Angeles.

As we've reported in PWInsider's Elite section (which you can subscribe to at this link) over the last several weeks, it is believed that her mention of Spike on social media may have been something of a red herring to distract from TNA's other potential TV deals that are currently in discussions. The word we have gotten from multiple Spike sources is that the idea of TNA returning to the network is highly unlikely. The network has flirted with the idea of having wrestling programming again from time to time but never with TNA and not as a weekly series.

The two networks that keep coming up in conversations among sources that we have spoken with are WGN America and POP TV (aka the former TV Guide Channel). TNA and WGN were in discussions before TNA signed with Discovery's Destination America. WGN had been a strong suitor at that point but had wanted TNA to wait until the Spring of 2015 to return to the air after leaving Spike, something TNA did not feel comfortable doing.

POP TV already airs Paragon Pro Wrestling out of Las Vegas in an early morning weekend timeslot. One version of the TNA-POP story that is making the rounds is that TNA would pay for the timeslot and then make money back via selling advertisers to the show, similar to what WWE did with Smackdown during its early years on the UPN Network. POP-TV is headquartered in Los Angeles.

If either WGN America or POP TV turn out to be TNA's new home, an immediate positive will be that TNA would be available in far more homes than Destination America and in many cases, on a basic cable tier, as opposed to a second tier subscription only tier (where DA is located on some cable systems).

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
BostonBob agrees with both of you. BostonBob doesn't think TNA will make it to 2017.

People have been predicting the downfall for years and years and years, pretty much since the beginning.

Eventually the **** will stick and people will feel validated, but it's still been funny seeing over and over again people saying they'll be done within a year or whatever :laugh:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If they died tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised at all, if they last another decade I also wouldn't be surprised. But I would be surprised if they became relevant again.

There's a fun appendix in the Death of WCW book that's just a list of things that TNA have done. It's gloriously long. I hope when TNA does finally fizzle out that they do book that's just this list continued.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I thought TNA died a while back, I remember reading about talent not getting paid, and how their TV deal was on thin ice. :dunno:

WWE sure could use the competition.....a little effort from Creative would be nice if they knew their jobs were actually in jeopardy.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
People have been predicting the downfall for years and years and years, pretty much since the beginning.

Eventually the **** will stick and people will feel validated, but it's still been funny seeing over and over again people saying they'll be done within a year or whatever :laugh:

Well, that's because they keep dropping to worse and worse cable networks. What are they on now, public access?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I cannot express my utter (and irrational) hatred for Goldberg. I don't think I could name a more overrated garbage wrestler in the industry's history. I just laugh that he thinks he's some big draw that will change wrestling if he ever steps foot into a ring again.

Quite frankly, I hope he never does.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
I cannot express my utter (and irrational) hatred for Goldberg. I don't think I could name a more overrated garbage wrestler in the industry's history. I just laugh that he thinks he's some big draw that will change wrestling if he ever steps foot into a ring again.

Quite frankly, I hope he never does.

he just seems like a total mark

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Well, that's because they keep dropping to worse and worse cable networks. What are they on now, public access?

Except even before that happened people were talking about how they would be dead soon, so that isn't the reason.

It's easy to trace back through articles and posts from the beginning of people saying they'd be dead in a year, then it was they'll be dead in another year, then it was they'll be dead in another year. On and on it goes.

Like I said, eventually the **** will stick and people will be like "I told you". TNA dead within a year (e5).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->