TMNT fan thread - (TMNT: Mutant Mayhem sequel Oct 9th, 2026!)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They need to start the Turtles universe with a Punk Frogs movie.

Imagine punk Frogs has splinter training them, some disagreement then they leave. Then do TMNT, normal story, splinter dies. Then a punk Frogs v TMNT, at the end have Napoleon jump on Leonardo and Leonard says Splinter... And Napoleon is like did you say Splinter, why did you say that name! Then they team up and fight the real enemy, Baxter Stockman played by Jesse Eisenberg.

Shame the Punk Frogs didn’t show up much after the original series. I think the 2012 series, I recall there was a cameo by Napoleon , looking it up now... voiced by Jon Heder (Yup, Napoleon Dynamite). Lol.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

I saw this!!!! If done right. Could be awesome. Would like to see them use a Injustice type look. I thought it was done really well.

upload_2020-7-1_8-4-55.jpeg

Reactions: Leonardo87

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Shame the Punk Frogs didn’t show up much after the original series. I think the 2012 series, I recall there was a cameo by Napoleon , looking it up now... voiced by Jon Heder (Yup, Napoleon Dynamite). Lol.
Ya I always liked them in the original series. Granted I’m not totally sure I would like them in a movie lol. I think they need to stick with the classics. They didn’t even get the ninja turtles right in the Michael Bay movies, let alone do a spin off with other characters.

who knows... maybe if this movie is done well... it will open up the universe for other characters like that.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ya I always liked them in the original series. Granted I’m not totally sure I would like them in a movie lol. I think they need to stick with the classics. They didn’t even get the ninja turtles right in the Michael Bay movies, let alone do a spin off with other characters.

who knows... maybe if this movie is done well... it will open up the universe for other characters like that.

Would love to see Miyamoto Usagi show up in a movie. That would be awesome.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@tardigrade81

Just picked this up at a local comic book store, don’t spoil I’m still only on issue #73 lol. Got distracted with some of the crossover series like Usagi Yojimbo. Love this cover...

042A3195-4096-4330-B61E-748B43143DE8.jpeg

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
@tardigrade81

Just picked this up at a local comic book store, don’t spoil I’m still only on issue #73 lol. Got distracted with some of the crossover series like Usagi Yojimbo. Love this cover...

View attachment 352151
Wow that’s a beauty variant cover. I haven’t read this issue yet. Have to go pick it up today actually!

man oh man you gotta hurry. Issue 100 will nearly have you in crying lol. It’s a fantastic issue. The artwork has been so good.
I should read some Usagi. Haven’t in quite a while.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
@tardigrade81

New series of Usagi Yojimbo started last year, picked up these guys have a comic book store getting me the missing issues..
View attachment 352587
Oh man! Thanks for the info. I’ll check my local comic store and see if they have them

the covid 19 has changed things. Most things have to be ordered now. But they are pretty good for ordering stuff. I have a file

they really need to make a movie on Usagi

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I haven't seen any TMNT movies aside from the original 90s ones and the 2007 CGI reboot. Which ones would people recommend (I understand there's two Michael Bay movies and then that Batman vs. TMNT animated one)?

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I haven't seen any TMNT movies aside from the original 90s ones and the 2007 CGI reboot. Which ones would people recommend (I understand there's two Michael Bay movies and then that Batman vs. TMNT animated one)?
Batman vs tmnt was excellent in my opinion. I really enjoyed it!! I would definitrly watch it if I were you. Couple dumb parts but overall very entertaining.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

The Batman and TMNT movie was really good. I didn’t care for the Michael Bay movies.

If you want to get into a TMNT series, the 2003 and 2012 series were excellent. 2003, was darker though. The Ninja Tribunal and Battle Nexus episodes are enough to win you over. Nickelodeon cancelled the 2012 series because was getting too dark and not for kids anymore, now we are stuck with a new horrible series.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow, beautiful buddy! I need to get to the comic store and ask if they can order them in for me.

Started to read the classic Usagi that’s in color now, really good story. Now also have the new series as well. But going to wait to start reading those so can get more back story from the classics, if that makes sense.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
The Batman and TMNT movie was really good. I didn’t care for the Michael Bay movies.

If you want to get into a TMNT series, the 2003 and 2012 series were excellent. 2003, was darker though. The Ninja Tribunal and Battle Nexus episodes are enough to win you over. Nickelodeon cancelled the 2012 series because was getting too dark and not for kids anymore, now we are stuck with a new horrible series.
Yup the new series, I can’t even bring myself to watching. Just no....:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Started to read the classic Usagi that’s in color now, really good story. Now also have the new series as well. But going to wait to start reading those so can get more back story from the classics, if that makes sense.
Ya I need to do the same myself. I don’t know much about the character. I would like to read the classics before the new series. Kind of the same as the turtles. You don’t need to read the classics but it’s always a good start.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

The 2003 one is sooooo good. That's all I watched when studying for my CPA.

With the 2003 series, Turtles Forever movie is really cool.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Turtles forever was done very well. Don’t think they had the same voices as the 87 series when they came in but it was still fantastic. Also when the 84 mirage black and white turtles showed up, I was pumped Hahahaha. I need to go back and watch it again.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Loved that series and the episodes with Miyamoto Usagi were very good. Actually, probably going to re-watch it soon. I didn’t care for the fast forward episodes though. Felt too kiddy kinda like this new series.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Holy crap!!! I swear they were reading our thread lol!!

Like I said started to read the original which has is being re-issued in full color, and it's great! Haven't started the new series yet but it's only up to issue #10 and will just keep collecting till I am ready to read.

That's what I'm doing now with TMNT, collecting then will catch up, I am still on the Invasion of the Triceratons stories, which has been excellent so far. City at War looks like it's gonna be amazing from all the cover art I am seeing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad