TMNT fan thread - (TMNT: Mutant Mayhem sequel Oct 9th, 2026!)

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I have been watching the 2003 series on you tube . But yeah that series is hard to find. You can easily get 1987 in a box set and 2012 is available through Hulu, on demand, and iTunes.
I have the 87 season every season. Didn’t get the box set. I think the one movie store close by had each one on sale for 5 bucks haha. Season 1 I think doesn’t have every episode though. Oh I’ll watch the 2012 on Hulu, thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Leonardo87

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Original movie and 80s cartoon were phenomenal

Had the chance to rewatch the original movie on Amazon prime. Good film
Agreed, even today I can still watch them and they are fantastic! Same with the original cartoon. Shortly after came X Men and Spider Man. I swear they just don’t make cartoons like they used to. Though 2012 was fantastic as well!

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
“A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn’t pay money for this”

LOL
Lmao!

It’s funny because baseball is my fave sport. I love the Sox. Hahaha. That line made me laugh! Still to this day that movie had some of the greatest lines!

Pizza guy - “terrific, where’s 122 1/8
Michaelangelo- “you’re standing on it dude” lol

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lmao!

It’s funny because baseball is my fave sport. I love the Sox. Hahaha. That line made me laugh! Still to this day that movie had some of the greatest lines!

Pizza guy - “terrific, where’s 122 1/8
Michaelangelo- “you’re standing on it dude” lol

The Mikey from the 2003 series version reminds me of the Mikey from the orginal movie. Lol.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Ya agreed man. He is my favourite though I enjoyed Coleman’s voice the best in the 87 version! But mikey has that bad ass edge and yet still hilarious in the 03 version! What’s your fave raph version? I liked they way they portrayed him in the 07 movie. The fight scene with Leo was done very well.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Favorite Turtle: Donatello

Favorite Series: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987-1996)

Favorite Movie: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

Favorite Theme Song:

Favorite Video Game: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ya agreed man. He is my favourite though I enjoyed Coleman’s voice the best in the 87 version! But mikey has that bad ass edge and yet still hilarious in the 03 version! What’s your fave raph version? I liked they way they portrayed him in the 07 movie. The fight scene with Leo was done very well.

I like the orginal Raphael voiced by Rob Paulsen, he was more sarcastic, or as they say cool but rude, lol. Then followed closely by Sean Astin’s Raph in the 2012 series, made him more of a hot head, angry type, with a short fuse, kinda like in the movies and 2003 series, which he is really supposed to be from the comics.

Favorite Theme Song:

Awesome!

When I go to NYC, they have a place called Barcade, which is basically a bar that sells craft beers and has all classic video games, and one of them is Turtles in Time. Love that game, I always make it a mission to play that game when I’m there. Lol.

member 157595

I like the orginal Raphael voiced by Rob Paulsen, he was more sarcastic, or as they say cool but rude, lol. Then followed closely by Sean Astin’s Raph in the 2012 series, made him more of a hot head, angry type, with a short fuse, kinda like in the movies and 2003 series, which he is really supposed to be from the comics.

Awesome!

When I go to NYC, they have a place called Barcade, which is basically a bar that sells craft beers and has all classic video games, and one of them is Turtles in Time. Love that game, I always make it a mission to play that game when I’m there. Lol.

Turtles in Time is arguably the best 2D beat-em-up game of all time. It was brilliant.

Sep 19, 2008
Turtles in Time is arguably the best 2D beat-em-up game of all time. It was brilliant.

iu

This was the hardest and the first

iu

This one was pretty good

Ahhhh they remade Turtles in Time with updated graphics. It was ranked #15 out of all the games :laugh:

Turtles Or Turd-les? 15 TMNT Video Games Ranked From WORST To BEST

Turtles-in-Time-Reshelled-TMNT-video-game.jpg

member 157595

They are selling the console which includes the original game and Turtles in Time..

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ Arcade Cabinet

Retails for like 500.00, I believe.

OMG DO WANT

hell yeah

Those were my gaming days...

The first game doesn't get hard until Act 5 and then it's absurd. The swimming section gets hyped but people that can't complete it just suck at it, it's not that hard. The last two levels of that game, however, are ridiculous and the WRONG way to make a hard game (see games like Ninja Gaiden I and II for the right way to make a hard game.) I have beaten that game only once in my life and it was complete bullshit luck.
The second game is a good arcade port for the time.
The third game is great.
The fourth game is AWESOME.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Favorite Theme Song:

I’ve never played the games. I might have when I was young but that is something I want to do. Wish they would still make games lol

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
OMG DO WANT

Those were my gaming days...

The first game doesn't get hard until Act 5 and then it's absurd. The swimming section gets hyped but people that can't complete it just suck at it, it's not that hard. The last two levels of that game, however, are ridiculous and the WRONG way to make a hard game (see games like Ninja Gaiden I and II for the right way to make a hard game.) I have beaten that game only once in my life and it was complete bull**** luck.
The second game is a good arcade port for the time.
The third game is great.
The fourth game is AWESOME.
I’m intrigued. I want to try these now. I think I did like 20 years ago but I can’t remember. I’ve heard they are fun.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

hell yeah

That's so awesome. When I'm at the bar, you can't hear the music or sound effects very well, which is disappointing. The place gets packed and they have music in the background so it's expected. If you guys are ever in NYC to catch a game, have to check it out, it's the Barcade on St. Marks Place by Astor Place, which is more downtown.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
That's so awesome. When I'm at the bar, you can't hear the music or sound effects very well, which is disappointing. The place gets packed and they have music in the background so it's expected. If you guys are ever in NYC to catch a game, have to check it out, it's the Barcade on St. Marks Place by Astor Place, which is more downtown.
Ya we have a place here too I think that has this game but it gets so ridiculous packed. Usually a line up. It’s a brand new place where you can drink and play vintage games. I went once, but could only play a couple games. Was way too busy.

member 157595

I’m intrigued. I want to try these now. I think I did like 20 years ago but I can’t remember. I’ve heard they are fun.

Retro gaming isn't for everyone, but if you're like me you still can enjoy many of these games.

I would skip TMNT(NES). It's not very well-designed, the difficulty curve for new players is really irregular and as I previously stated the last two levels are just stupid. II and III are worth playing and IV is one of the best ever games of its type.

If you play any retro TMNT game it's Turtles In Time without question. If you enjoy old games and want to kick the shit out of enemies for less than an hour, you'll love it.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ya we have a place here too I think that has this game but it gets so ridiculous packed. Usually a line up. It’s a brand new place where you can drink and play vintage games. I went once, but could only play a couple games. Was way too busy.

That's cool you have a place by you. Yeah the bars in NYC can get nuts, and this place especially. You step into a time warp when you go in there, between the games, and the 80's and 90's music playing. It's very retro.

Retro gaming isn't for everyone, but if you're like me you still can enjoy many of these games.

I would skip TMNT(NES). It's not very well-designed, the difficulty curve for new players is really irregular and as I previously stated the last two levels are just stupid. II and III are worth playing and IV is one of the best ever games of its type.

If you play any retro TMNT game it's Turtles In Time without question. If you enjoy old games and want to kick the **** out of enemies for less than an hour, you'll love it.

Yeah the original TMNT for NES wasn't very good. The first multi-player arcade game was fun. They have that one also in their other city location, and it's fun when every time you put in a token you hear "Cowabunga" lol.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
That's cool you have a place by you. Yeah the bars in NYC can get nuts, and this place especially. You step into a time warp when you go in there, between the games, and the 80's and 90's music playing. It's very retro.

Yeah the original TMNT for NES wasn't very good. The first multi-player arcade game was fun. They have that one also in their other city location, and it's fun when every time you put in a token you hear "Cowabunga" lol.
Ya I could imagine!!! All this talk makes me want to go and play lol!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad