TMNT fan thread - (TMNT: Mutant Mayhem sequel Oct 9th, 2026!)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you are a fan of the heroes in a half shell, come discuss your favorite series, episode, movie, turtle, character, comic, and etc.

It’s the 35th Anniversary of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So come celebrate with a slice of pizza! Cowabunga dudes!

BA55E535-DFC9-4282-A51C-5A868A42EB07.gif

71F3C736-ADFC-4F0C-A446-7525817733E7.gif

E15EDCFF-6672-4A2B-9312-7388D2C4BCBC.gif

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Great start up!

One of my fave episodes from the Fred Wolf 87 era was episode two of season two. Incredible Shrinking Turtles! Some great humor and action in that episode. 03-09 series Turtles Forever was a nice blast from the past especially bringing in the Mirage Turtles! 2012 I really need to go back and re watch again. So many great episodes. Can’t speak much on Rise because I don’t really watch it.

The Batman vs Ninja Turtles was also excellent.

Currently reading Shredder in Hell. I believe it’s a 6 issue series, with issue 5 coming out later this month!

Hope there are more TMNT fans out there! I think me and Leonardo87 could discuss turtles all day lol.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
My mikey tattoo. Gonna get them all eventually. My arms are covered in tattoos lol. But we had a kid a few months back so money is tight. Hopefully next year can get them finished.

Attachments

• 126DF5EA-79D9-4BC4-8C34-F83AED8137C0.jpeg
    126DF5EA-79D9-4BC4-8C34-F83AED8137C0.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 19

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My mikey tattoo. Gonna get them all eventually. My arms are covered in tattoos lol. But we had a kid a few months back so money is tight. Hopefully next year can get them finished.

Great Tattoo! I take it Mikey is your favorite? It’s a toss up for me Leo and Raph are pretty close, it also depends on the series and movies since the voice actors give them their own personalities in a way but keeping their main aspects the same. If that makes sense lol.

I would highly recommend people pick up the Batman vs TMNT DVD. Totally agree , was excellent.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Great Tattoo! I take it Mikey is your favorite? It’s a toss up for me Leo and Raph are pretty close, it also depends on the series and movies since the voice actors give them their own personalities in a way but keeping their main aspects the same. If that makes sense lol.

I would highly recommend people pick up the Batman vs TMNT DVD. Totally agree , was excellent.
Yup he is definitely my fave! And I agree with you on the voices, though he has been done very well through the years, not sure I’m a fan of the rise from the first episode. Not sure who does his voice? Mikey kelley did an awesome job in TMNT 2007. He always brings the laughs through the episodes, movies and comics. No matter how dark the episode or comic is you can usually count on Him to do something goofy and make you laugh.

Yes Batman V Ninja Turtles is not your average ninja turtle story. It’s pretty dark like the 03 season. THe action and cast is good, wasn’t a huge fan of the way they made Donnie look but it was very good none the less!

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yup he is definitely my fave! And I agree with you on the voices, though he has been done very well through the years, not sure I’m a fan of the rise from the first episode. Not sure who does his voice? Mikey kelley did an awesome job in TMNT 2007. He always brings the laughs through the episodes, movies and comics. No matter how dark the episode or comic is you can usually count on Him to do something goofy and make you laugh.

Yes Batman V Ninja Turtles is not your average ninja turtle story. It’s pretty dark like the 03 season. THe action and cast is good, wasn’t a huge fan of the way they made Donnie look but it was very good none the less!

Lol the one part in Batman vs TMNT...

Mikey riding his skateboard through Wayne manor and Alfred scolding him was classic, lol

I also enjoyed the 2007 CGI TMNT movie. I know it did not get much attention.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Lol the one part in Batman vs TMNT...

Mikey riding his skateboard through Wayne manor and Alfred scolding him was classic, lol

I also enjoyed the 2007 CGI TMNT movie. I know it did not get much attention.
Lmao one of my fave scenes in that movie! Takes his skateboard away lol. I hope they make a sequel like they have in the conics! Bring Bane into it or something.

Ya it’s a shame the 07 got such bad reviews. The storyline was a bit weird I will say that, and I think that’s what three people off but I still found it entertaining!! Much better than the Michael Bay movies (granted I liked those better than TMNT III) lol.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lmao one of my fave scenes in that movie! Takes his skateboard away lol. I hope they make a sequel like they have in the conics! Bring Bane into it or something.

Ya it’s a shame the 07 got such bad reviews. The storyline was a bit weird I will say that, and I think that’s what three people off but I still found it entertaining!! Much better than the Michael Bay movies (granted I liked those better than TMNT III) lol.

Nothing like the original movie. And secret of the ooze was pretty cool also. Third one was not good even with them bringing back Corey Feldman to voice Donatello.

One of my favorite Mikey lines from the original movie.

“Pizza dudes got 5 mins”

“Wiseman say forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza”

Lol

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Nothing like the original movie. And secret of the ooze was pretty cool also. Third one was not good even with them bringing back Corey Feldman to voice Donatello.

One of my favorite Mikey lines from the original movie.

“Pizza dudes got 5 mins”

“Wiseman say forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza”

Lol
Lmao. “No anchovies, If there are anchovies” lol

And yes Feldman has always done An awesome job. I just couldn’t get into the look of the turtles in part 3. Looked super cheat, almost like they cheaper out and had a lower budget. I still watch it but it’s my least fave of the bunch. I’m curious who will take on the reboot of the turtles?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lmao. “No anchovies, If there are anchovies” lol

And yes Feldman has always done An awesome job. I just couldn’t get into the look of the turtles in part 3. Looked super cheat, almost like they cheaper out and had a lower budget. I still watch it but it’s my least fave of the bunch. I’m curious who will take on the reboot of the turtles?

Yeah you can tell the budget was not there. 1st movie made a lot of money and they were kinda surprised I think since it did not have an overall high budget.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Love TMNT! 2012 series really revived my interests and has become my favorite series (no disrespect to the original or the 2003 series). I don't think I have a favorite episode, but requiem and owari really hit the feels. Batman vs. the TMNT was also really well done.

TMNT III and Rise don't exist to me. I gave both of them multiple chances and I'd rather just live in denial than set the bar that low.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Love TMNT! 2012 series really revived my interests and has become my favorite series (no disrespect to the original or the 2003 series). I don't think I have a favorite episode, but requiem and owari really hit the feels. Batman vs. the TMNT was also really well done.

TMNT III and Rise don't exist to me. I gave both of them multiple chances and I'd rather just live in denial than set the bar that low.

Yeah the end of season 4 “Owari” got really dark well don’t want to spoil what happens. But the 2012 series I really enjoyed.

The new one Rise is truly for kids and I feel bad for the kids to be honest. But they can always have their parents show them some of the classics lol

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Lol, well said! I still think the 03 is my fave series with the dark tone to it. But the 2012 and 1987 are still awesome! I Ama going to rewatch the 12 series.

And yes I can’t get into the rise series at all either. The art work just makes me not like it for some reason. I might try again but I do t know. And agree with turtles III. Worst of all the movies. From time to time I still bring myself to watch it lol.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Yeah the end of season 4 “Owari” got really dark well don’t want to spoil what happens. But the 2012 series I really enjoyed.

The new one Rise is truly for kids and I feel bad for the kids to be honest. But they can always have their parents show them some of the classics lol
Ya it is, but the 87 one was too but I can still watch that with enjoyment all the time. The last two seasons not overly but for some reason. Rise is just too silly for me. Maybe I need to give another chance I dunno lol.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
My kids have really gotten into TMNT. My youngest just had his ninja turtle themed birthday yesterday. He mire enjoys the toys, but I tried showing him the new series, which didn't take, so I've been showing him the old 1987 series, which both kids have bee enjoying (ages 5 and 6).
Ya I don’t think many kids like the new series that know the turtles. The artwork is just too different for them. The 87 and 2012 series are the way to go for kids!

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ya I don’t think many kids like the new series that know the turtles. The artwork is just too different for them. The 87 and 2012 series are the way to go for kids!

Yup. Would recommend those two also. Altough, The 2012 series had it’s dark moments especially in some of the later episodes like Tales of Tigerclaw and Owari, and the whole Seaosn 2 and 3 finales I thought were excellent and really set a more darker tone. But you had thre humor especially with Mikey who was still the goof ball. I think the series was aimed to please now adults who grew up with the 1987 and 2003 series but also aim to bring in new fans in the kid demographic.

The new series I just feel has no direction, is too silly, and really don’t care for the voice acting, to be honest. Plus, they made Splinter into a couch potato. Lol.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
My kids have really gotten into TMNT. My youngest just had his ninja turtle themed birthday yesterday. He mire enjoys the toys, but I tried showing him the new series, which didn't take, so I've been showing him the old 1987 series, which both kids have bee enjoying (ages 5 and 6).

Same! I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. They both absolutely love the original and 2012 series. The 5 year old especially as she can appreciate the story line in the 2012 series. I tried showing her Rise and her exact response after the episode was "I don't get it" lol. I get that unintelligent random silly cartoons are the thing now, but I'm definitely not going to force a watered-down show onto her. I'll just keep popping in the DVD series.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Yup. Would recommend those two also. Altough, The 2012 series had it’s dark moments especially in some of the later episodes like Tales of Tigerclaw and Owari, and the whole Seaosn 2 and 3 finales I thought were excellent and really set a more darker tone. But you had thre humor especially with Mikey who was still the goof ball. I think the series was aimed to please now adults who grew up with the 1987 and 2003 series but also aim to bring in new fans in the kid demographic.

The new series I just feel has no direction, is too silly, and really don’t care for the voice acting, to be honest. Plus, they made Splinter into a couch potato. Lol.
Well said! Ya I forgot about those episodes. I really need to go back and watch them again. I think netflix has them I’m going to rewatch them again. Tigerclaw is definitely a great character and had some dark moments!!! I forgot about those.

Yes agreed about rise. I think it’s just directed toward kids and a feel good show so there won’t be much darkness in tone. I might give it a try again down the road but I just don’t care to right now. Even the Fred Wolf version had its dark feel toward the end with the last two seasons. But once they got rid of shredder it went to crap in my opinion. I didn’t like the bad guy after. I believe it was lord Dregg.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Same! I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. They both absolutely love the original and 2012 series. The 5 year old especially as she can appreciate the story line in the 2012 series. I tried showing her Rise and her exact response after the episode was "I don't get it" lol. I get that unintelligent random silly cartoons are the thing now, but I'm definitely not going to force a watered-down show onto her. I'll just keep popping in the DVD series.
Lol I think that’s a lot of kids. Not sure how long it will last. Maybe only the true fans will like it.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well said! Ya I forgot about those episodes. I really need to go back and watch them again. I think netflix has them I’m going to rewatch them again. Tigerclaw is definitely a great character and had some dark moments!!! I forgot about those.

Yes agreed about rise. I think it’s just directed toward kids and a feel good show so there won’t be much darkness in tone. I might give it a try again down the road but I just don’t care to right now. Even the Fred Wolf version had its dark feel toward the end with the last two seasons. But once they got rid of shredder it went to crap in my opinion. I didn’t like the bad guy after. I believe it was lord Dregg.

Are you referring to the red sky episodes? Yeah was not crazy about them. Even Rob Paulsen was out by the last season. I believe that’s when Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs started to take off and so must of been too busy. I think they were just running out of ideas and needed to take a break from the franchise till the 2003 series started.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Are you referring to the red sky episodes? Yeah was not crazy about them. Even Rob Paulsen was out by the last season. I believe that’s when Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs started to take off and so must of been too busy. I think they were just running out of ideas and needed to take a break from the franchise till the 2003 series started.
Yes I am. They tried to give the series a darker tone by adding in the dark red sky and got rid of Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder and Krang. Brought in Dragg and it just went to hell

I didn’t realize Pulsen left by then.... I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the cast left by then. I still watch those episodes but they aren’t near as enjoyable. I like the more serious darker tone like the 03 series, but the red sky episodes just felt like they ran out of ideas. It was a good time to end the series. The 03 series started at a good time.

I really need to go back and re watch 03 and 2012. The 03 series is a tough one to find!

Reactions: Bone Density

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes I am. They tried to give the series a darker tone by adding in the dark red sky and got rid of Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder and Krang. Brought in Dragg and it just went to hell

I didn’t realize Pulsen left by then.... I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the cast left by then. I still watch those episodes but they aren’t near as enjoyable. I like the more serious darker tone like the 03 series, but the red sky episodes just felt like they ran out of ideas. It was a good time to end the series. The 03 series started at a good time.

I really need to go back and re watch 03 and 2012. The 03 series is a tough one to find!

I have been watching the 2003 series on you tube . But yeah that series is hard to find. You can easily get 1987 in a box set and 2012 is available through Hulu, on demand, and iTunes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad