Tmac vs Hitch (what is Hitch doing different than Tmac)

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Well Randy is available now to coach.

upload_2019-2-10_13-0-2.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-10_12-59-47.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-10_12-59-47.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 6

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Three minutes left in the game with a face off in the offensive zone and he puts out a line where two of the players haven’t scored.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'll give McLellan credit, he didn't look like death until three years in.

Last edited:
Reactions: oobga

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I'll give McLellan credit, he didn't look like death until a three years in.

I hate to crap on another coach, I really do, but I can't help but find it hilarious now how easy Hitch seemed to think fixing this team would be. Guy must be so embarrassed right now. Everything he claimed he could do and the players would be able to do for him...it all went to crap.

Not his fault most of his players stink and are just not good enough to consistently do anything above average in the NHL. But, he does have to own his sell job a bit :)

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
I hate to crap on another coach, I really do, but I can't help but find it hilarious now how easy Hitch seemed to think fixing this team would be. Guy must be so embarrassed right now. Everything he claimed he could do and the players would be able to do for him...it all went to crap.

Not his fault most of his players stink and are just not good enough to consistently do anything above average in the NHL. But, he does have to own his sell job a bit :)

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

His arrogance fit right in alongside the Oilers brass.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Hitch was just been Hitch blowing smoke with the media . But what is even more hilarious is how many of the hockey genius's bought into it and actually also bought into the laughable narrative or believed "See, it was TMac's fault".
Too funny.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
I think some of you are ragging on Hitch too much. We have seen it for 12 years, the team gets a little taste of losing and cant get our of the funk and then they just give up on the season. Happened to every coach since Quinn.

I wonder how this team wouldve faired if Mr Glass couldve stayed healthy or been back quicker. The team looked good then him and Russel went down back to back and the team got its taste of losing and as we have all seen at least the last month the effort is not there.

Its hard to give 100% with a demanding coach and not see the results. After busting their butts and still losing why bother put in the extra effort. I think if only 1 of our top 4 went down the team may have been able to weather it. At least fighting for wild card not fighting for last place.

But Chia gave a team with no depth and those 2 injuries killed the season. I feel like at this point in the year you could have the reincarnation of Jesus mixed with Bowman as coach and the team would still be crap. I think the mentally the damage was done and this team is toast for this year.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think some of you are ragging on Hitch too much. We have seen it for 12 years, the team gets a little taste of losing and cant get our of the funk and then they just give up on the season. Happened to every coach since Quinn.

I wonder how this team wouldve faired if Mr Glass couldve stayed healthy or been back quicker. The team looked good then him and Russel went down back to back and the team got its taste of losing and as we have all seen at least the last month the effort is not there.

Its hard to give 100% with a demanding coach and not see the results. After busting their butts and still losing why bother put in the extra effort. I think if only 1 of our top 4 went down the team may have been able to weather it. At least fighting for wild card not fighting for last place.

But Chia gave a team with no depth and those 2 injuries killed the season. I feel like at this point in the year you could have the reincarnation of Jesus mixed with Bowman as coach and the team would still be crap. I think the mentally the damage was done and this team is toast for this year.
There's a ton of blame to go around and Hitchcock isn't the main culprit. But he came in with a ton of bluster and has been nothing but hot air since the little hot streak.

And stop blaming injuries ffs. Go look at the Coyotes IR list. We're currently below them in the standings.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
There's a ton of blame to go around and Hitchcock isn't the main culprit. But he came in with a ton of bluster and has been nothing but hot air since the little hot streak.

And stop blaming injuries ffs. Go look at the Coyotes IR list. We're currently below them in the standings.
Im not blaming injuries. Im saying the team has no mental toughness and as soon as a prolonged streak of adversity hits them they fold.

Some years its from sucking, from this year I think it was the timing of the injuries. As you say they were on a good little streak. Everyone says it was the goalie which was definately a part but by the eye test I thought the team had a solid week or two.

Then they lose 2/4 dmen go on a big losing streak, the extra effort put forth under Hitch isnt getting results so they back to what they were 12/13 years, A team mentally checked out hoping April cant come fast enough.

Thats why you saying check Arizona's IR doesnt matter in relation to the Oilers. They are a mentally tough team who can handle it. They have been playing gritty 1-0,2-1 hockey for the better part of a decade.

Reactions: Yablo21

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Im not blaming injuries. Im saying the team has no mental toughness and as soon as a prolonged streak of adversity hits them they fold.

Some years its from sucking, from this year I think it was the timing of the injuries. As you say they were on a good little streak. Everyone says it was the goalie which was definately a part but by the eye test I thought the team had a solid week or two.

Then they lose 2/4 dmen go on a big losing streak, the extra effort put forth under Hitch isnt getting results so they back to what they were 12/13 years, A team mentally checked out hoping April cant come fast enough.

Thats why you saying check Arizona's IR doesnt matter in relation to the Oilers. They are a mentally tough team who can handle it. They have been playing gritty 1-0,2-1 hockey for the better part of a decade.
They also haven't been very good outside of one year.

And we're still beneath them in the standings. If a Klefbom and/or Russell injury is all it takes to derail a season then we might as well just forfeit next year too.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Another name that has been thrown in the hat is Kris Knoblauch. Knoblauch, who was Connor McDavid’s head coach when he played for the Erie Otters, was hired as an assistant coach of the Philadelphia Flyers two years ago. The connection to McDavid, of course, is key, but Knoblauch could be the new-age coach who communicates well with young players that the Oilers need.

Interesting. I already mentioned we should look at the guy the McDavid uses for skating and skill, as some sort of development coach.

Reactions: TB12

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

So, instead of the expected result of being rejuvenated when injured players come back, they just said, to hell with it, we've been losing for so long, might as well continue? If that's the case, we have more problems than I thought.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

I don't know if he really believed it so much as he says what Hitch always says. Follow my instructions/plans and we will be good. Don't and we will suck. Truth is the team did stop playing the Hitch way. lol

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Another name that has been thrown in the hat is Kris Knoblauch. Knoblauch, who was Connor McDavid’s head coach when he played for the Erie Otters, was hired as an assistant coach of the Philadelphia Flyers two years ago. The connection to McDavid, of course, is key, but Knoblauch could be the new-age coach who communicates well with young players that the Oilers need.

Interesting. I already mentioned we should look at the guy the McDavid uses for skating and skill, as some sort of development coach.
Former Golden Bear, too, so he knows the city (not that that matters lol but just an interesting connection).

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I can see this happening. Guess it will be up to the new GM though.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Like the GM at the end of the day I hope they do their research and have an actual interview process.

They also need to talk to McDavid as well. See what he is thinking. They can't afford to hire another guy that he can't work with or someone who he thinks is an idiot

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What’s the difference between the two coaches?
Well, Hitchcock has a worse record this year, for one. And two, I think a lot of the players really don’t like him or respect him, and have tuned him out.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What’s the difference between the two coaches?
Well, Hitchcock has a worse record this year, for one. And two, I think a lot of the players really don’t like him or respect him, and have tuned him out.

I think the whole "we're not a skilled team" schtick has really ruffled the feathers of the guys that are skilled. Any team that has guys like Connor and Leon should be a skilled team and if they're not the manager needs to get off his ass and make it so.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Amazing that when TM played Drai and McDavid together, he got BBQ'd by some people on here for not spreading them out, but now that Hitch plus them together, they say, "Well, what else can he do?"

Same with mixing the lines, not matching lines properly,playing goalies when they thought the other guy should be in, etc, etc....

lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->