Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
ok I did it again.

HUtA444.jpg

lol are you sure

rewind or just look at my cap

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
How hard is it to update the OP with a video? Nobody gives a shit that you "broke" the goal on HF.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
God I want these teams to face each other in the playoffs, Doughty exploding from anger every night would be lol worthy.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
Obviously the Kings came back to win. The Flames got a point though that they arguably wouldn't have had if TMac had the guts to challenge. We will see how important that point becomes come May

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
In terms of high stick, the Kovalchuk goal was pretty close to being the same height, so you can't complain that the Flames got the benefit

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It must be nice for McLellan to be back in California. If he were still in Edmonton, he probably would've faced questions about why he didn't challenge the tying goal. The LA media, on the other hand, didn't bring it up with him after the game or even mention the possible oversight (by him or the refs) in the post-game reports. He doesn't need be grilled or criticized for it, but at least asking and receiving an explanation (maybe he has a good one) is part of being accountable, and I think that he would agree that that doesn't stop at the players.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It must be nice for McLellan to be back in California. If he were still in Edmonton, he probably would've faced questions about why he didn't challenge the tying goal. The LA media, on the other hand, didn't bring it up with him after the game or even mention the possible oversight (by him or the refs) in the post-game reports. He doesn't need be grilled or criticized for it, but at least asking and receiving an explanation (maybe he has a good one) is part of being accountable, and I think that he would agree that that doesn't stop at the players.

His answer would be, “It was real close. Real close. We lose that challenge, they’re heading into overtime with a powerplay.”

And all Kings fans would nod their heads in agreement.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
His answer would be, “It was real close. Real close. We lose that challenge, they’re heading into overtime with a powerplay.”

And all Kings fans would nod their heads in agreement.

Yeah, I'm sure that that would be his reply, but the question should be asked of him, anyways, IMO. Asking a question that is sure to come with a predictable answer has never stopped a sports reporter before, and this was one of the key plays that decided the game and the most controversial. Everything worked out, so I'm sure that fans would agree with the decision now, but I doubt that they would've if the Flames had won in overtime, instead.

Last edited:

Numba9

Oct 3, 2011
New Westminster, BC
GOTY lol. Juggling a puck like that is easy when you have as much time as he did. I would argue a foot high deflection from a slapshot is way harder and we see those all the time.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Incredibly hand-eye coordination but clearly a high-stick. A player with higher hockey IQ would have waited until the stick was below the bar to try that.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Isn't this play reviewable now?
Call on the ice was good goal. No high stick. Kings risk going on the PK in the last minute of a tied game if it's not overturned and we all know that an overturn is never guaranteed in the NHL. lol Ultimately it paid off for the Kings who drew a PP not long after that goal and won in OT on that PP. They also may not have had as definitive of an angle at that moment showing it clearly as a high stick.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
In terms of high stick, the Kovalchuk goal was pretty close to being the same height, so you can't complain that the Flames got the benefit
Except that somehow the refs (or Toronto) decided they could take a look at Kovalchuck's goal in the middle of the game since it was in fact reviewed and upheld, but they couldn't be bothered with this one, so yeah...

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
A neat goal if it was a legal one, not nearly a goty one though. Not a fan of either team but it looked like a high stick even before the pic that proved it came out.

This isn’t that hard to do.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
nhl should just make it so high stick is above shoulders for everything. imagine chara having a goal waived off for batting a puck in above the xbar. its like at his waist. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad