Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
No chance he comes in under 6.

I'd be ecstatic with 6.75x8. I really hope Treliving pushes for the max term

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I don't think he's done enough to warrant as much as Gaudreau, even in the post McDavid/Draisaitl/Eichel era. I'd say he's more in the 5.75 to 6.5M range. I'd guess he ends up something closer to 6M per if it's six years, and something around 6.5M per if it's eight years.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Hanifin needs to be signed before Chucky. Chucky's salary and term will be dependent upon what Hanifin's salary and term is (cap wise) and whether either Stone or Brodie, or both, will be playing for the Flames in 2019-2020 and whether we've found a #1 replacement for Smith or we sign him for one more year as a starter... assuming he's still capable of playing 50 or so quality games.
So many variables. I don't think Treliving will start seriously negotiating with Chucky until next summer.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You have players like Dylan Larkin coming in at 6.1m. If Tkachuk puts up 60 pts next season we're looking at Monahan deal at the very least

Center>Winger

Larkin likely is the top line guy since Zetterburg looks cooked at this point, so of course he's worth more than Tkachuk.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Center>Winger

Larkin likely is the top line guy since Zetterburg looks cooked at this point, so of course he's worth more than Tkachuk.
Woukd you trade Tkachuk for Larkin?

Centers may be more valuable than wingers in a vacuum, but I'd say Tkachuk influences the game in a significant enough way to warrant that kind of money.

Reactions: StreakingRed

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Woukd you trade Tkachuk for Larkin?

Centers may be more valuable than wingers in a vacuum, but I'd say Tkachuk influences the game in a significant enough way to warrant that kind of money.

No, because we already have Monahan. Being a good power forward who has had a career high of 49 pts does not warrant anything close to 6.75 million. I'd be happy with a similar contract to Backlund, but I'm fine as long as its under 6 million.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
No, because we already have Monahan. Being a good power forward who has had a career high of 49 pts does not warrant anything close to 6.75 million. I'd be happy with a similar contract to Backlund, but I'm fine as long as its under 6 million.
He had 49 pts in 68 games (0.72 PPG) on a line that was tasked primarily with shutting down other teams' top line forwards. All signs point to the second line getting more offensive opportunities next season with the acquisition of Neal, in which case his numbers are definitely expected to go up.

No point dragging this out but I just don't see Tkachuk coming in cheap relative to our internal cap, and I don't really have a problem with that.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
First of all. I typed Tkachuk's name in google correctly. I am a hockey GOD!

Tkachuk's sneaky spearing stick should get at least 2 million, amirite?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
You have players like Dylan Larkin coming in at 6.1m. If Tkachuk puts up 60 pts next season we're looking at a Monahan deal at the very least

Larkin is a center, and tax and team going forward might play a role. I still feel Tkachuk will cost more than Larkin, but not that much more.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Think Tom Wilson next time you think cheap

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Tkachuk will only benefit more the longer he waits, unless Calgary pays up I don’t see him signing long term anytime soon.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
My guess is he gets the Monahan contract.

6.3 x 7

If he keeps it up, he'll get more than Monahan since he is already scoring at the similar pace when Monahan signed his contract and that was 2 yrs ago.

Salary goes up. We have seen it gone up quite a bit already this summer

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad