News Article: Tkachuk and Alfredsson have lunch to discuss captaincy

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
The 49-year-old Alfredsson served as the club’s captain from 1999 until he signed with the Detroit Red Wings for his final season in 2013-14. Nobody in this city has a better understanding of the pressure that goes with wearing the ‘C’ in a Canadian market and that’s why Tkachuk wanted to pick his brain.

“I thought it would be important for myself to just sit down and talk with him and get to know him just because of how influential he was in the community, for this city and for this fan base,” Tkachuk said. “I really wanted to get his opinion on certain things going (into being the captain). I thought it would be important for me to get to know him because he was such a great captain. Not only for this team, but league-wide he had so much respect. It was important to get his take on some things.”

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
interesting how this came up after it was brought up on the Methot and Wally podcast. I think most ppl were surprised that Alfie and Chucky haven't met.

nice to see it happen and probably telling that it happened after Melnyk passing.

Alfie has been more visible lately

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad