TJ Appreciation Thread

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This is a tough day and really stings. I honestly have not been this sad since Iginla was traded. I remember when TJ made the team, I was in love with him as a player. I thought he had the potential to be a Scott Niedermayer, I was such a fan of his since day 1. It was awesome seeing how he evolved into a top pairing dman and how him and Gio fed off of each other.

TJ it was a pleasure watching you grow and develop over the years. You always kept your mouth shut, worked your ass off, you did everything with nothing but sheer class and all while dealing with some really tough circumstances in life. Eric Francis is a *****. Its really to bad things ended this way.

You are an excellent player and human, I wish you and your family the best!

13866655.jpg

brodie.jpg

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Love this guy. Guy ended up 9th all time in Flames GP... that’s pretty incredible. He deserves all the best and more. Hope he and his wife are happy.

Can’t wait for his first return to the Dome. He deserves a standing O.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Damn I remember defending this guy to no end when many didn't believe in him during his Abbotsford and early Flames days. Time sure does fly by, huh.

Best wishes to TJ and his family. Hell of a player and an even better person.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
If he re-signed here I was considering getting a retro Brods jersey...alas farewell sweet prince. Carried us in 2015 after Gio went down. His only down years were under Gulutzan IMO, can't believe that idiot tried to force him on the left side. God I f***ing hate Gulutzan to this very day. 2 years of our core wasted. Would've rather we kept Hartley.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Leafs fan. Congrats on Markstrom!

We're pretty excited about Brodie... great career with CGY. How much gas you figure he has left in the tank? ty

Last edited:

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011

We're pretty excited about Brodie... How much gas you figure he has left in the tank? ty
Quite a lot IMO. He's had his struggles but they've mostly been of the brainfart variety. I can't honestly say I've noticed him slow down at all during his decade here. Played 1st pairing minutes with Gio for a looong time.

He did mysteriously collapse during practice last year which I'm sure you've all heard about by now. Looked great after coming back but it was a bit of a weird episode. Other than that he's been a horse.

Reactions: Fig and BigBlu

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

We're pretty excited about Brodie... great career with CGY. How much gas you figure he has left in the tank? ty

Honestly I love TJ. He’s gonna make some gaffs and some turnovers for sure, but you need to take the bad with the good. He’s average in his own end, but he’s an elite skater, excellent puck carrier and can recover very to get down the ice to break up an offensive chance. Offensively you can expect 25-30pts a season, anything more is gravy. He’s also an amazing human, I wish him the best.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Thank you for all the amazing years. You know I've always defended you when certain reactionaries would bitch and moan about your turnovers, because you're so much more than just the occasional gaffe. I don't wish for Toronto to win the cup, ever, but if by some unfortunate circumstance they do, I'll take solace in the fact that TJ Brodie will have his name engraved on it.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Probably would have resigned him for that, good dman. Was a clutz a lot but really one of the only positive possession players on some real mediocre teams

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->