Signing(s): Titans sign Ryan Tannehil to 4 year / 118 M deal (62 M fully guaranteed)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

giphy.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

$118 million over 4 years. There must be a SB portion that isn't listed as the salaries for each season totals $98.5 million. So, $19.5 million in Signing Bonus. $42 million in guaranteed base salary for the first 2 years, plus $19.5 mill in SB would equal $62 million fully guaranteed.

Which means if he's cut after year 2 there's about $10 million in dead money from the SB.

So, costs them $22.5 mill in year 1, then $29.5 million in year 2. Year 3 will cost $10 mill for sure and upwards of $34 mill if he's still on the roster.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
That's, a lot.

The Titans are a team I've never really been able to get a read on post George/McNair. They've always seemed to be content with being average when they could be gunning for division titles.

Is Tannehill the long-term answer? I guess they think so, so best of luck to them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That's, a lot.

The Titans are a team I've never really been able to get a read on post George/McNair. They've always seemed to be content with being average when they could be gunning for division titles.

Is Tannehill the long-term answer? I guess they think so, so best of luck to them.
Structure of the contract leaves it a 2 year deal worth $62 million, so $31 million per for those 2 years despite it being for 4 years at $29.5 mill average.

It buys them some time so that they can be stable for now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Can't believe teams continue to fall for the guy who performs in a contract year
It's not even that, it's the fact that he was just a really effective game manager because he had Henry to give the ball to. He was 2013 Foles when he had McCoy. At least with Foles, he was young at the time, but we know exactly what Tannehill is. A QB that is pretty decent, but nothing spectacular.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It's not even that, it's the fact that he was just a really effective game manager because he had Henry to give the ball to. He was 2013 Foles when he had McCoy. At least with Foles, he was young at the time, but we know exactly what Tannehill is. A QB that is pretty decent, but nothing spectacular.

Guy made a fortunate off Miamis desperation and now Tennessee's desperation. He's got one helluva agent.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad