TV: TITANS: "**** Batman!"

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I’ve watched that trailer three times this morning, hoping it would get better. It doesn’t.

They’ll get my money anyways, I’ll gladly pay $7 a month to watch the new season of Young Justice.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
DC media executive meeting:

"Hey guys, it seems like fans have been complaining that our movies have been too dark and aggressively, patronizingly gritty. Except Wonder Woman. That was more light and hopeful and everyone loved it."

"I hear what you're saying. So how about we fix this by adapting a Teen Titans type story/universe."

"Yeah, that could work! They have a history of being able to tell interesting stories and it could have a family dynamic and some lighthearted moments to break up the heavier drama."

"And then we can make it aggressive and dark and gritty, and make Robin a disaffected loner who seems bitter about everything. We could even punctuate it by having him proclaim "**** Batman" while he murders some nameless mooks in the trailer to show off how edgy and 'mature' it'll be."

"..... IT'S PERFECT!"

*and scene*

:facepalm:

Reactions: LarKing

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I guess some positive things from the trailer : there were no scenes of a high school, and there weren’t any mentions of tofu from the animated series.

If this is going to be ‘dark and gritty’, there’s also a slight chance they might be able to pull off some twisted storylines.
Although they won’t be doing any Judas Contract stuff, or at least not with Deathstroke, anyway.

Wow, reading that back to myself reminds me of being an eleven year old nerd waiting at the corner grocery store for the newest issue to be put on the sales rack.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
What the actual **** is that?

Teen Titans was my **** growing up. Well, the first couple seasons anyway until it turned into a glorified pairing fanfiction.

The woman they got to play Starfire is actually pretty and they somehow turned her into a extra/cadaver from an episode of Law and Order: SUV. She legit looks like a street worker. Raven legit looks like a dude, Beast Boy looks stupid and because of DC's stupid ass canon, Cyborg is no longer a Titan. Absolute garbage.

Also all forms of Robin suck ass outside of Tim Drake and Dick Grayson when he becomes Nightwing.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I don't think WB could have made this look worse if they tried. There's a pretty easy solution to bringing the Titans back into the mainstream: reboot the original 2000s series. Everyone loved that show. As an aside, I'll be pretty bummed if I'm forced to buy in to the DC streaming service just to watch season 3 of Young Justice.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
first episode dropped last night-this morning

looks interesting

from the context of certain things it looks like this Robin is in the timeline of the Justin Gorden-Levitt time line

I can see what they want to do--but one thing I like about the Dark Knight trilogy is how they stayed away from the whole alien or supernatural things(they danced around both)--but looks like this one will be going all in on the supernatural aspect of somethings

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

looks interesting

from the context of certain things it looks like this Robin is in the timeline of the Justin Gorden-Levitt time line

I can see what they want to do--but one thing I like about the Dark Knight trilogy is how they stayed away from the whole alien or supernatural things(they danced around both)--but looks like this one will be going all in on the supernatural aspect of somethings

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

looks interesting

Well a few of the titans can't be explained without going to that route.

People seem to want to hate anything DC even when it's decent. That's sad.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think they could have waited a few more episodes before doom patrol came and considering the recasts that have happened

The recasts were for 2 characters that wear masks and have voice acting. From what I can gather, that really doesn't affect that show at all. But Chief being recast is whatever, honestly by the time that show comes out, most people will not really care and people have been recast before.

There's this overwhelming hatred for anything DC puts out, people wanting to compare it to Marvel when they shouldn't, but usually those people that do and hate on it, are usually idiots that don't know enough about both companies and their brand of comics to ever really matter. But in a world where critics exist and can ruin movies, it is what it is.

I was skeptical about Titans because of the overwhelming hate it received just based on casting of Starfire, like not even a clip and people saw it out of context and started to hate on it, 100% vitriol. Then the show comes out and those people are quiet, literally just waiting for any misstep.

Meanwhile, people that like the show, want to talk about it, but can't because people just want to hate it.

It's frustrating as a fan of both DC & MC.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The recasts were for 2 characters that wear masks and have voice acting. From what I can gather, that really doesn't affect that show at all. But Chief being recast is whatever, honestly by the time that show comes out, most people will not really care and people have been recast before.

There's this overwhelming hatred for anything DC puts out, people wanting to compare it to Marvel when they shouldn't, but usually those people that do and hate on it, are usually idiots that don't know enough about both companies and their brand of comics to ever really matter. But in a world where critics exist and can ruin movies, it is what it is.

I was skeptical about Titans because of the overwhelming hate it received just based on casting of Starfire, like not even a clip and people saw it out of context and started to hate on it, 100% vitriol. Then the show comes out and those people are quiet, literally just waiting for any misstep.

Meanwhile, people that like the show, want to talk about it, but can't because people just want to hate it.

you have missed the main recast of doom patrol

DC's Doom Patrol recasts Chief with James Bond actor

james bond in and Bruno out

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Bollocks. It has more to do with how they're treating their properties on film and tv. Arrow and The Flash being uneven, frustrating or stale. The treatment of Superman by Snider, B v S, Justice League. It's the hardcore DC fans that were more upset about the treatment of their beloved characters than critics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad