Tired of Roger Goodell?

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Don't ever underestimate the ego of a powerful man scorned by the Goodell Russian Roulette wheel of discipline.

ImpressiveFlakyDamselfly-small.gif

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I don't love or hate Goodell, but between the Zeke & Brady things it would be funny if the owners have had enough. Quit going on a witch hunt above the law to punish your own players.

I dont like Goodell at all, but some of this is on the weak leadership of the NFLPA. They caved very easily at the last CBA because they did not want to lose a game check. they could of held out and not given Goodell power of judge, jury and executioner with the suspensions.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I dont like Goodell at all, but some of this is on the weak leadership of the NFLPA. They caved very easily at the last CBA because they did not want to lose a game check. they could of held out and not given Goodell power of judge, jury and executioner with the suspensions.

I don't think they realized how bad he would abuse the power, I mean up until the Rice situation he didn't get all that much criticism and until Brady he never really abused his power (from what I remember)

D-Smith really needs to take a stand when the CBA is up. Otherwise he will be gonzo.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think you're overstating how much most players care about this.

I mean, if you're Russell Wilson, you want your PA to concentrate all of its effort on getting more money guaranteed and better pensions. You aren't worried about how the league treats wife beaters.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
This, and I think players are pissed about how Goodell ostracized two of the leagues marquee players and dragged them through the mud.

I wonder if there are some owners intimidated into going along with his extension out of fear of reprisals in the form of suspensions. Hopefully Jerruh is critical mass in getting him out.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Looks like Ole Rog's extension may not happen.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...alt-roger-goodell-proposed-contract-extension

The Cowboys' Jerry Jones was a leading voice among 17 NFL owners on a conference call Thursday that discussed the possibility of halting commissioner Roger Goodell's pending contract extension, sources involved with the call told ESPN.

There is a growing difference of opinion among owners about Goodell's overall performance as commissioner, according to sources. The owners on Thursday's conference call are generally unhappy with Goodell and the NFL's front office for a variety of reasons, including the player protests staged during the national anthem, issues regarding the relocation of teams to Los Angeles and the league's handling of the Ray Rice domestic violence case, according to sources.

"You don't get to have this many messes over the years like Roger has had and survive it," one owner said during the call.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Prior to the season I would've said good because the NFL, led by Goodell, can't stop screwing up. However, it's clear Jerry Jones is pushing this for his own selfish reasons and I don't want to see him get his way.

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Jerry thinks he runs the league. Just like he takes credit for JJ's success. Dude is better off dead. A plague.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
It says quite a lot about how much discomfort there is with Goodall among NFL owners if an extension isn't a done deal already.

How often do you see commissioners in other major professional leagues not get automatic rubber stamped extensions?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad