Tips for getting tickets in Europe:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hey I actually had something like that at some point :D

But, no it's just automatic corrector that is a pain.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Has anyone done roadtrips?

Our new idea is to roadtrip around spain and portugal for ten days.

Catalonia-Valencia is "expensive" with all the f***ing tolls, rest is allright.
Roads are good but speeding and parking tickets are insanely expensive (compared to Germany for example) so better not to go faster than allowed.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
OOk so, Dublin is out. Those cities would be great just too far east. Im thinking Valencia or another city in Spain. Close to Barcelona since you guys made me aware of not pissing my trip on just travel time.

Valencia. Don't even think about it.
I would recommend to go by train, by the way (unless you are 4-5 then might be worth to rent a car)

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
There are plenty of beautiful painting than Mona Lisa in Le Louvre IMO.
But I repeat : Le Louvre is amazing for artifacts as well. Limitating it to painting is wrong.

Louvre is, by a big margin, the most unbelievable museum I've been to. It's a must in any visit to Paris IMO and actually need dayS to fully contemplate it

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Catalonia-Valencia is "expensive" with all the ****ing tolls, rest is allright.
Roads are good but speeding and parking tickets are insanely expensive (compared to Germany for example) so better not to go faster than allowed.
Does Espana have speed cameras? And is it true when Evilo says that Sevilla is one of the best cities in Spain?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Catalonia-Valencia is "expensive" with all the ****ing tolls, rest is allright.
We bailed on it.
We are doing Barcelona, Valencia, Granada, Seville and Lisbon through trains and busses from the 19th to the 30th.

At least, that portion of the trip.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
We bailed on it.
We are doing Barcelona, Valencia, Granada, Seville and Lisbon through trains and busses from the 19th to the 30th.

At least, that portion of the trip.
Barcelona is fun, but overrated.
Valencia is highly underrated, it is a very nice city.
Granada is wonderful, especially because of the Alhambra (but not only, and keep in mind you have to book Alhambra a few months before)
Sevilla is a jewel.
Lisbon is also very nice and typical.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Does Espana have speed cameras? And is it true when Evilo says that Sevilla is one of the best cities in Spain?

Plenty of radars, yeah.
Sevilla is amazing but one to avoid in summertime IMO... It's way too hot.
For autumn/spring though... Super fun, beautiful city, great food and people... I still would take Granada over Sevilla though

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Granada is wonderful, especially because of the Alhambra (but not only, and keep in mind you have to book Alhambra a few months before)
Sevilla is a jewel.

We will agree to disagree there :D:D:D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Barcelona has evolved IMO into a huge noisy touristy traffiky clubbing monster city.
I prefer the lower profile Barcelona from the 90s. Even from the 00s.
But in the end, in terms of culture, it's really not my cup of tea outside Gaudi's stuff.
The cathedral is nice, the Picasso museum is in a beautiful place but is boring inside, the Miro museum might be nice for those who like him, but it's beyond boring to me. Nah for me, in such a big city, there are only three places to visit : Sagrada Familia, Cathedral and Park Guell.
That ain't much.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Louvre is, by a big margin, the most unbelievable museum I've been to. It's a must in any visit to Paris IMO and actually need dayS to fully contemplate it

I would pretty much recommend avoiding all major attractions in all major tourist sites in the world, but the Louvre is a complete exception. Is a tiny Mona Lisa behind a mile of glass with a gaggle of tourists crowded around it a disappointment? I guess? Though it's also kind of a trip. But around the corner you've got like the Winged Victory of Samothrace or Venus de Milo just straight chillin.
Centre Pompidou I also remember being really impressed by. Also saw a really cool Picasso gallery that I think wasn't "The" Picasso Museum though. Dang I just realised I'm going to Paris with family at the end of December. I wonder if my kids' minds will be blown as much as mine was when I was first there at 16.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Barcelona has evolved IMO into a huge noisy touristy traffiky clubbing monster city.
But in the end, in terms of culture, it's really not my cup of tea outside Gaudi's stuff.
The cathedral is nice, the Picasso museum is in a beautiful place but is boring inside, the Miro museum might be nice for those who like him, but it's beyond boring to me. Nah for me, in such a big city, there are only three places to visit : Sagrada Familia, Cathedral and Park Guell.
That ain't much.

I visited Barcelona in 2000 and my impression then was "neat but too touristy". Can't imagine what it's like now. Though living in Prague, I guess I pretty much can...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Prague is a beauty but yes it's becoming a bit of a museum in itself so to speak. Like Bruges.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I visited Barcelona in 2000 and my impression then was "neat but too touristy". Can't imagine what it's like now. Though living in Prague, I guess I pretty much can...

It's worse. City is becoming a bit of a circus, to be honest, but it's still incredibly fun, and has plenty of small pretty places (not Rome level tho), aside from the famous ones. By the way I would avoid Park Güell, aside that it's not free entrance anymore, it's really not that much. I would rather go to Pedrera.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Plenty of radars, yeah.
Sevilla is amazing but one to avoid in summertime IMO... It's way too hot.
For autumn/spring though... Super fun, beautiful city, great food and people... I still would take Granada over Sevilla though
Thanks. I haven't been to Spain, but was watching a travel show and Toledo seemed like a very underappreciated place. Where does that rank in cities to visit in Espana?

Prague is a beauty but yes it's becoming a bit of a museum in itself so to speak. Like Bruges.
I can see that happen.

That ain't much.
Formula 1?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Toledo is amazing. But much smaller than Barcelona, Valencia or Sevilla.
So that means it is less touristy then when you mean smaller? I would much rather go there than Barcelona IMHO. But I also understand why Valencia and Sevilla are also so popular, there is a good reason for it.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Sevilla is a jewel.
Yeah, we have two days everywhere. Except Lisbon, we have 2.5.

We have three days in Madrid after Lisbon. We didn't really want more than two but flight cost made sense for us to go for an extra day. It's the only part of the trip where we aren't sure how to fill our days. Any recommendations? We are going to see Atletico v Eibar :P

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So that means it is less touristy then when you mean smaller? I would much rather go there than Barcelona IMHO. But I also understand why Valencia and Sevilla are also so popular, there is a good reason for it.
No, it's really only tourists. It's smaller, but the Mudejar style is at its finest there (and in Andalousia).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, we have two days everywhere. Except Lisbon, we have 2.5.

We have three days in Madrid after Lisbon. We didn't really want more than two but flight cost made sense for us to go for an extra day. It's the only part of the trip where we aren't sure how to fill our days. Any recommendations? We are going to see Atletico v Eibar :P
The Prado ! If you're into painting, it's a marvelous museum, with some of my favourite paintings ever (especially Goya's).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cordoba has a nice typical old center, but filled with tourists. The Mezquita though is amazing to see.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Sevilla is a jewel.
I actually liked Barcelona tbh
Too many tourists tho, and yes too many clubbers

Watching WC games in Barceloneta chiringuitos was fun tho

Never been to Valencia tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad