Tip MY Hat TO Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
If I was playing in someone's rink and they were giving me a really hard time and we ended up winning then yes I would rub it in, I would really rub it in. Either you have never played the sport or encountered such situations.
agreed wholeheartedly. dont know why people dont know that. if youve played, i would think you would.

pensfan04

Jan 3, 2005
North Dakota
Jason MacIsaac said:
If I was playing in someone's rink and they were giving me a really hard time and we ended up winning then yes I would rub it in, I would really rub it in. Either you have never played the sport or encountered such situations.

I agree also. I believe the was just rough on them and that became the catalyst for their actions.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:

maybe you didnt hear gkj....he knows the whole situation...we dont.....we are blind and know nothing about hockey and have never stepped on the ice....he knows all and has played longer than everyone else

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I would also like to say shame on the NA media for casting these kids as villains and never asking them about it.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
HOCKEY_GURU said:
I also tip my hat to AO , in the papers he was quoted as congratulating the canadians and they deserved to win, as for my thoughts on the whole taunting issue i personally think it was blown out of proportion a bit, I have a feeling that there were a few catcalls from the fans directed to him and perhaps from players too...so can I see an 18 year old after scoring letting those fans know about it...sure... and as for his comments on glass.. heck im a canadian fan and said the same comments... i wasnt sure if glass was proven/tested,..and when faced with a good shot (in previous games) didnt come up big.

in short i dont think AO crimes were that big, however he needs to learn a few things... when youre in the public eye.. you cant do these things or else it will be used as ammunition against you and it will be perceived in a different light. and when you make comments about the opposition you better be 100% right... if you look at north american players when theyre interviewed.. they seem to bite their toungue and really teall u anything but what was asked (like politicians)..u can thell theyre coached about what to say and what not to (we need more brett hulls lol) .. point being AO needs to learn this too.... the Canada game was a humbling experience and hoped he learned from it, because truly he is a great talent and the game needs talent like that - just not the antics....... and in the end seing the tears in the kids eyes.. regarless if u felt there antics were bad and diving etc,,.. u still had to feel for them and remember theyre still kids!!!

I agree i heard and read a few peaple that questioned our goaltending. His comments didnt seem rude to me. I give credit to an 18 yr old Russian that was willing to give an interview in english without a translator. how many of our boys can stand in front of a russian camera an speak perfect russian?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
And you would look like a bad winner. if you were smart, the next time you played some of these guys, you would be looking over your shoulder. I have played sports, I've won a championship (granted it was in 6th grade) and I sure as hell didn't run around taunting kids on the other team. It's one thing to celebrate on someone else's ice, it's another thing to be taunting and be a sore winner.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
#66 said:
I would also like to say shame on the NA media for casting these kids as villains and never asking them about it.

Yep, the media sure seemed like they were trying to put down Ovechkin. One station made sure to show a clip of Ovechkin crying afterwards, and ask "Does anyone really feel sorry for Ovechkin?"
Umm...yes. The Russian players kinda reminded me of puppies. Somewhat yappy and annoying, but you just can't kick them.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
And you would look like a bad winner. if you were smart, the next time you played some of these guys, you would be looking over your shoulder. I have played sports, I've won a championship (granted it was in 6th grade) and I sure as hell didn't run around taunting kids on the other team. It's one thing to celebrate on someone else's ice, it's another thing to be taunting and be a sore winner.

I think one of the things you are missing is the likelihood that the fans were all over him during the tourny.....he himself was probably being taunted....not saying that makes it right, but your above statement make it sound like the US team was playing clean hockey as opposed to the chippy/dirty hockey they were playing...and that the fans were showing class the whole time....which from what I have read from people who say they were there, that wasnt the case

I doubt that during your 6th grade championship run you were being berated by the opposing teams fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->