Tinordi vs Pysyk

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Just wondering who people think is or will be better?

Tinordi was taken just before Pysyk and I was hoping the sabres would get Tinordi I thought they were going to take him if Montreal didn't and wasn't that happy with Buffalo taking Pysyk.

Who is/will be the better defenceman?

JoinTheArmia

Jun 12, 2013
Pysyk will be the better player. The problem with Tinordi is a handful of different things. First things first, Tinordi doesn't have the speed to compete at the NHL level. Guys can pass him on the outside fairly easily which isn't a good thing. Second, Tinordi doesn't have poise with the puck and he handles it like a bomb. This causes his first pass to be somewhat underwhelming. Pysyk however has the skating ability to keep up with other players and play positionly well. His first pass is quite reasonable so that helps with the transition.

Another thing to consider for Tinordi, is the fact that he is really far down the depth chart. He is the 8th or 9th guy on a good Montreal squad so he will be really looking for ice time. Pysyk is higher on the depth chart and has already proven himself somewhat so that helps his case. I personally feel that if Tinordi is going to excel, it won't be with Montreal. Instead I see him working well in a place like Dallas where he would be getting some more constant minutes. Just my 2 cents.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Pysyk's poise under pressure, skating, and outlet pass will make him the better NHLer, IMO. If you could give Pysyk Tinordi's size and toughness, though, you'd be looking at a monster of a shutdown defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad