Recalled/Assigned: Tinordi sent down (March 29. 2013)

shawnt*

I know the PP needs help but I'd rather have Tinordi than Weber or Kaberle. Stop shrinking this already small team MB.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Pretty clear to me this is a showcase the next 2 games for whoever they play between Kaberle and Weber.

Tinordi did some solid things, but there's no point keeping him up to play such limited minutes. He got a taste of show and he'll take what he learned up here and get better down there.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Upside for Weber is that he's young, has a physical side to his game (yes, he does) and has that ephemeral 'potential' thing floating around his game. 'Potentially' great shot, 'potentially' good puck-moving skills, 'potentially' learning from his mistakes and becoming a solid D. There may be teams out there more than happy to bank on that potential.

Upside for Kaberle is clearer. Established D with legit skills that appear to be working just fine. Say what you will about his salary, the guy's done his job for us in limited games. Since this makes him valuable depth in the playoffs, any offer for him would have to be pretty good.

Thing is, neither of these guys could get us much alone. If a trade really is forthcoming, one or both of them would be part of a package. If it happens, prepare to be surprised.

Tinordi played well. Good signs from the guy. Unless Bergevin is cooking up a cool trade for a D in the next few days, I'd expect to see Tinordi back for the playoffs because... I'm not optimistic about Diaz at this point. Damn...

Davebo*

Tinordi did a great job while he was here. And although he didn't drop them with chara, it was sure nice seeing someone look eye to eye with that big freak....

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I was really impressed with his play with the puck. I'd say at worst bottom pairing D. I imagine he'll increase physicality his next stint. In the AHL I've seen him crush players along the boards on rushes.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
He's been very great! I think that he's pretty much a lock for our opening day roster for next season.

And Tinordi had a taste of what he needs to improve to get a regular spot in the Bigs. I'm pretty sure that we're gonna see a Tinordi much bigger and stronger with us next year. I think he saw that if he wants to play the game that made him succesful in every level in the NHL, he needs to put on some weight and strength.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
I may be wrong but didn't MB just burn a year of Tinordi's contract since he played 6 games this season?

If so, I don't see why he didn't send him down after five just in case the Habs don't call him back this year.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Wow! This is kinda sexy! 3 little Habbies all getting their feet wet. :handclap:

This shows the difference between Gauthier and Bergeron... Gauthier woulda traded a 2nd round pick for some washed up dman to fill the whole while Diaz was injured!!!

MB gives the youngsters 4-6 games to get their feet wet and knowledge of what they need to work on

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I may be wrong but didn't MB just burn a year of Tinordi's contract since he played 6 games this season?

If so, I don't see why he didn't send him down after five just in case the Habs don't call him back this year.

You're wrong. Tinordi's contract is being burned this season because he's playing in Hamilton. Playing in the NHL doesn't affect his contract in any way since he's already playing in the pros

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
You're wrong. Tinordi's contract is being burned this season because he's playing in Hamilton. Playing in the NHL doesn't affect his contract in any way since he's already playing in the pros

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that rule didn't apply to prospects playing in the AHL. Is it also the case in the ECHL? (sorry if this is a little OT, I'm curious)

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that rule didn't apply to prospects playing in the AHL. Is it also the case in the ECHL? (sorry if this is a little OT, I'm curious)

I think ECHL is the same. It's only prospects playing in Junior leagues that have the 9 game tryout (6 game in this shortened season). Galchenyuk is an example

hogtownhabsfan*

This shows the difference between Gauthier and Bergeron... Gauthier woulda traded a 2nd round pick for some washed up dman to fill the whole while Diaz was injured!!!

MB gives the youngsters 4-6 games to get their feet wet and knowledge of what they need to work on

*cough* Gauthier drafted these youngsters *cough*

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Tinordi looked solid. I would have liked to see him get more minutes, but he got a taste of what it's like in the big league. I really liked how he used his reach effectively and made good passes. He needs to add mass to his frame and work on speeding up his decisions with the puck.

Great first call up though, I think he'll be a full-time NHLer by next season.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Looked so solid with limited ice time, wish they could have tested him more but I think he knows what adjustments he needs to make. These d projects usually take a lot longer but he looks ready, credit to the kid's smarts and work ethic.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
not the point i was making.... Gauthier never had a long term plan ... he always traded picks for washed up players

You do realize that all but one of the extra picks in the top three rounds this year were acquired by the Goat?

You can dislike his tenure but don't deceive yourself.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I think he showed he can "survive" at the NHL level. The question is going to be whether that is better for his development, or whether being a cornerstone on the Bulldogs is better. End of the day, to me, it just depends on who we sign in the off-season. If we could get a top-4 guy who bumps Emelin down, I'd like that. In which case Tinordi isn't hurt by playing big time on a less-feeble Hamilton team. If we can't sign that D, Tinordi's "survive" mode is as good for us as about any bottom-pairing UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad